Emory Sales??

Help Support CattleToday:

ScottyB

Reaction score
I am selling three 4-6 yr olds heavy bred this weekend and one 1 st time brahma heifer with a good bull calf in Emory, TX. Not sure what i can expect out of the sale. I dont trust the internet numbers they have on their website. Anybody have an idea what these have been going for lately. :tiphat: Thanks!!

Sorry here is more detail:
5 yr old Charlois-8 months
6 yr old Baldy-8 months
5 yr old Angus-4 months

ScottyB":hve04gyl said:
I am selling three 4-6 yr olds heavy bred this weekend and one 1 st time brahma heifer with a good bull calf in Emory, TX. Not sure what i can expect out of the sale. I dont trust the internet numbers they have on their website. Anybody have an idea what these have been going for lately. :tiphat: Thanks!!
I would like to know where you saw their website as I don't believe Emory, Athens or Henderson have websites.

BC":113rtjir said:
ScottyB":113rtjir said:
I would like to know where you saw their website as I don't believe Emory, Athens or Henderson have websites.

Here is their website: www.eahlivestock.com

They all weigh right at 1100 lbs. The angus weighs a little less. All good looking cows and ready to pop.

prolly 13-15. There were some bigger 1350# breds that brought $17-1800. This is typical of the Saturday sell there. You get a lot of hobby ranchers w/ 40 acres come in want a pair or heavy bred. They buy the biggest animal they see- we all know the biggest cows wean the biggest calves and look the best- They give no consideratin to what it cost to feed that cow. I had a guy ask me about some breds there at the sale barn in Durant 2 weeks ago. I was looking at em from the catwalk. He was new to cattle but had some land and wanted to put some cows on it. I suggested some thinner open cows- he bought a 1650 lb heavy bred Charolais cow 5x8- the biggest cow in the sale :roll:

Latest posts