Help Support CattleToday:

RegCowman

Reaction score
Y_06_x_GARP.jpg

S_19_GARP.jpg

U_06_x_GARP.jpg

W_03_x_GARP.jpg

W_04_x_GARP.jpg

First of all, I have to say that those photos are way to small for me to see much of anything, other than they are a planned mating.

Second, if you have so much faith in your embryo matings, are any of the resulting calves on the ground so one can see what the calves would look like? One of the problems with "chasing numbers" is that the phenotype is much different than one can imagine. That is why we like to see resulting calves before we invest in embryo genetics. Resulting registered calves registration numbers helps too for research purposes.

I look forward to seeing pictures.

I can do that --- most of the calves from these donors have all been sold. Bulls born in 2013 were sold in 2014 and are gone. Surely you can do you own looking at GAR Prophet Pics. These bulls represent the top 1% of all Simm-influenced cattle in the US and were sold out west. I was offering embryos to those folks in the east as it is rare someone gets one in the east.

I just put these up here to let folks know what was available in the world and I imagine that anyone interested in acquiring an embryo package could get in touch with me. As far as Phenotype goes -this has already been established. What you must do though --- is try to understand that genotype drives phenotype -- not the other way around / more plainly said is that whats on the inside (genetics) is driving what ends up on the outside, IF Phenotype has already been established.

One other important thing is that I understand you are having difficulties trying to imagine what they look like and that is fair, but the kind of buyer that this post is directed towards already understands that structural correctness (phenotype) is a given. I don't want to be pompous or condescending --that is not why I am here, but the real value in this post was to show the genetics available -- which are rare (we can get into that later if you wish) -- and the people with a greater familiarity with these genetics already know and understand this. It is also rare that anyone in the commercial sector would be buying these kind of embryos, especially if they are currently having problems understanding EPD's and Indices in general- basically the commercial sector is not my target audience with this post.

However, I do strongly believe that ET is the quickest way to getting what you want in beef cattle genetics and although expensive initially pays for itself over time --through the savings of time.

RegCowman":215kruar said:
I can do that --- most of the calves from these donors have all been sold. Bulls born in 2013 were sold in 2014 and are gone. Surely you can do you own looking at GAR Prophet Pics. These bulls represent the top 1% of all Simm-influenced cattle in the US and were sold out west. I was offering embryos to those folks in the east as it is rare someone gets one in the east.

I sell all my calves too, but I take pictures.... Lots of pictures. You would think if you are trying to market your genetics, you would get some pictures of the offspring to promote your genetics...

AllForage":23r5zid4 said:
FSR, he has got you hook line and sinker

Just ignore it, his spamming up the board will get old

Thank you for your advice, I will take it! :tiphat: History repeats itself....

Latest posts