Ellen D does it again

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
I was reading the news last night on hte internet, and Ellen Degeneres had Pres. Bushs' daughter on her show yesterday. While on there, she goes to her, why not call your Dad while you are here,I'd love to wish him a Merry Christmas. Well, Jenna Bush acted kind of funny said she wasn't sure if she should, her Dad might be mad, but Ellen talked her into it, and when she got through, Ellen snatched the phone away and wished the President a Merry Christmas, and told him, she talked Jenna into calling while on her show, hope he wouldn't mind. I thought it was amusing. Must be wierd to be the Presidents daughter, and hard to make people remember that he is just her dad too.

GMN

I'm still mad at Jenna Bush for that stunt long ago with the fake ID--- See,here in Texas,if you sell/serve an underage person you will be taken away in handcuffs,lose your job,be fined an awful amount,and not be allowed to have another job selling/serving drinks!! Guess I kinda took it personal,as I was working the register at that time (in a gro store)and had a TABC decoy try to buy from me!! Later saw on the news a convinence store worker failed and was carried
off..

peg4x4":3hlwjj6g said:
I'm still mad at Jenna Bush for that stunt long ago with the fake ID--- See,here in Texas,if you sell/serve an underage person you will be taken away in handcuffs,lose your job,be fined an awful amount,and not be allowed to have another job selling/serving drinks!! Guess I kinda took it personal,as I was working the register at that time (in a gro store)and had a TABC decoy try to buy from me!! Later saw on the news a convinence store worker failed and was carried
off..

She was interviewed by one of the ladies, Diane Sawyer I think it was a few months back on 20/20 or something about her book she wrote, and the work she does for UNICEF, and I think she has a somewhat false sense of security because she has secret service following her wherever she goes, and so she went with Diane Sawyer to the bad part of this one country to visit the underprivledged. I have mixed feelings about her, because she is the Pres. daughter and I think she has used that to her advantage to get the book deal, but then she says she doesn't want any special treatment because she is the daughter of the President. Yet this instance you mentioned, obviously she got special treatment, she didn't get arrested, so I think my opinion of her is that she is young and has alot to learn, and that she lives a very privledged life, and to some extent alot of people will never take her too seriously because of it.

My friend in WI went to her book signing, and she said it was awful, all she did was read from the book, like anyone could do that. I think she may have had good intentions with the book, but I wonder if it would have even been published if she wasn't the Pres. Daughter.

Gail

The book wouldn't have gotten as much attention as it has
if she wasn't who she is..Haven't read it,don't think I will.
Haveing said that,I think the attention she is bringing to problem areas is a good thing..Wish she'd do it for here..

peg4x4, yes its true if a bartender serves an underage person it is an $8,000 fine, a trip to jail and losing your TABC license (which means no job), but as long as the ID is not an obvious fake, the bartender cant be held liable. I currently work in a bar in College Station (The Dixie Chicken, Im sure some of you know of it), and TABC pretty much harasses us on a weekly basis. If somebody comes up with a fake ID that just the colors are off, TABC cant hold me liable because I am not trained and certified by the state to validate IDs. If someone tries to use and ID that still says Polaroid on the back (I did actually catch one just the other day like that), then I can be held liable because not even a moron would fall for that.

Latest posts