Electric fuel pump

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
We have a Valtra 700 and when it sets for a day or two you have to prime the system to start it tank is below the mechinal pump.. Start and runs for about 2 minutes and the no go. I am thinking of installing a 40285 facet 12 volt electric fuel pump on it. Look at the specs and help me out there gear heads. http://www.facet-purolator.com/dura-lift-pumps.php

Thought about changing the lift pump? Check valve in it may be no good.

We have a Valtra 8350 and after I replaced the lift pump last spring it's done the same thing a time or two. I put a strap wrench on the water separator filter nut and tightened it q little more, that seems to have solved the problem. That filter is on the suction side, any small leak will result in lost prime.

If there's air in the lines when it won't start, I'm not sure that an electric pump will solve your issue.

Atimm693":2ga2kr13 said:
Thought about changing the lift pump? Check valve in it may be no good.

We have a Valtra 8350 and after I replaced the lift pump last spring it's done the same thing a time or two. I put a strap wrench on the water separator filter nut and tightened it q little more, that seems to have solved the problem. That filter is on the suction side, any small leak will result in lost prime.

If there's air in the lines when it won't start, I'm not sure that an electric pump will solve your issue.

I have a new engine mounted fuel pump to supply fuel to the injector pump. I will try your suggestion on the pre-filter nut.
Thank you.