Egg role in a bowl

Help Support CattleToday:

Cross-7

Reaction score
Sorry no pictures but I did this but I used a 1/2 pound of turkey sausage and added shrimp.
It was REALLY good except the sesame oil. It tasted like ass. I'm glad I tried a bite first.
EGG ROLL IN A BOWL?

You'll be happy to know that this easy recipe does NOT require any fancy, expensive, hard-to-find ingredients! You'll want:

a bag of coleslaw mix (or shredded cabbage); onion; and a few other fresh veggies (sliced mushrooms would be a delicious addition!)
ground meat of choice (I used ground turkey here, but ground chicken, ground beef, or ground pork all work well)
a simple stir-fry sauce made with soy sauce, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, and toasted sesame oil (plus optional hoisin sauce, if you like)

1 lb. ground turkey breast can substitute with ground chicken, ground beef, or ground pork
1 sweet onion diced
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil*
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic**
1 teaspoon ground ginger
¼ cup less sodium soy sauce
1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
½ cup grated or "matchstick" carrots
2 green onions thinly sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce (optional)
Instructions
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground meat and cook, stirring, until no longer pink. Drain; return meat to skillet.
Add diced onion, sesame oil, and rice vinegar to the skillet. Cook, stirring, for a few more minutes (until onion is tender).
Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce, hoisin sauce (optional), coleslaw mix, and carrots to the skillet. Cook, stirring, for about 5-7 more minutes, or until cabbage is wilted.
Remove skillet from the heat. Stir in green onions and season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Latest posts