Economic collapse

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cross-7

Reaction score
Lots of people predicting the U.S. economic collapse
Some say the government is kicking the can down the road but it's inevitable
That we have been printing money and producing nothing and that we are a nation of consumers
They claim if and when the world quits trading on the U.S. dollar, that's the beginning of the end.
Your entire life savings will be worth nothing. Inflation will sky rocket. Chaos will ensue, life as we have known it will end

Whether it's more the "sky is falling" or a real scenario
Are you preparing in anyway ?

Yeah, I'm spending all I can as fast as I can.

There are a couple basic approaches:

1) hope they can kick the can really really far down the road, and party on
2) set up a family strong hold for you and yours, and hope you never need it
3) head for the bunker immediately
4) realize the game is rigged, and go get some while you can

I favor #2

5. Save that last bullet for when it all comes to an end.

Stocker Steve":1mqyda6y said:
There are a couple basic approaches:

1) hope they can kick the can really really far down the road, and party on
2) set up a family strong hold for you and yours, and hope you never need it
3) head for the bunker immediately
4) realize the game is rigged, and go get some while you can

I favor #2

Yep. It's coming. Add another vote for #2.

I certainly believe we're all kicking the can down the road.. Canada for example has LESS THAN ONE TON of gold... we had over 1000 ton in the 60's, but apparently gold isn't worth keeping. we try and prepare by keeping at least a year's worth of fuel, seed, and food on hand...

the game is certainly rigged

In order to keep the ball rolling I think we'll see exorbitant taxes, ag exemption will be lost. I think it'll be similar to post civil war and property seized.
Being in or close to large populations will be the worst of it.
Our military will be weakened so threat of a foreign power is a possibility.
But if the U.S. Fails it'll have world wide consequences.
It may turn the world upside down.
Food, water, and basic necessities will be in short supply

It's hard to guess what might happen

Cross-7":mekzolwx said:
TennesseeTuxedo":mekzolwx said:
And a Hapy Monday to you too Cross!

You're welcome :D
There was a Rand Paul program I recorded but haven't watched it all yet, but I got enough to make me wonder

I ordered more ammo last night. After the deal in Chicago I feel like the fight might be on sooner than expected. I will not be silenced or disarmed peacefully. The safety of your family is a man's first priority, so you better have your house in order. IMO

Nesikep":mfgft71i said:
I certainly believe we're all kicking the can down the road.. Canada for example has LESS THAN ONE TON of gold... we had over 1000 ton in the 60's, but apparently gold isn't worth keeping. we try and prepare by keeping at least a year's worth of fuel, seed, and food on hand...

The last of it was sold in January, Nesikep - to help pay the upcoming federal deficit. But it really doesn't matter. Government can quickly replenish supplies by expropriating Canadian gold mines, if the need arises. In the end, don't think for a minute that a little bit of yellow metal is going to stabilize anything if everything goes down the crapper. Fire power and isolation is what will save you.

Aaron":12u9glui said:
Nesikep":12u9glui said:

The last of it was sold in January, Nesikep - to help pay the upcoming federal deficit. But it really doesn't matter. Government can quickly replenish supplies by expropriating Canadian gold mines, if the need arises. In the end, don't think for a minute that a little bit of yellow metal is going to stabilize anything if everything goes down the crapper. Fire power and isolation is what will save you.

That speaks well of the Canadian government. If we did that here the federal government would have the gold mine bankrupt in just a few weeks.

Cross-7":e62u6axd said:
Lots of people predicting the U.S. economic collapse
Some say the government is kicking the can down the road but it's inevitable
That we have been printing money and producing nothing and that we are a nation of consumers
They claim if and when the world quits trading on the U.S. dollar, that's the beginning of the end.
Your entire life savings will be worth nothing. Inflation will sky rocket. Chaos will ensue, life as we have known it will end

Whether it's more the "sky is falling" or a real scenario
Are you preparing in anyway ?

I just avoid traditional banking as much as possible. I don't buy anything I can't pay for.
When shtf it's going to because the worthless professionals that trade paper and don't actually produce anything have sucked the well dry.
I believe in investment, but only in something that's real that I can put my hands on. I keep some money in that bank up there. But only enough to pay bills and run my business. They could lock the door tomorrow and I'd lose a little, but I'd be ok. Most of mine is out there in the brush in way or the other.

Texas bred stated the other day. If can't afford a thousand, you can't afford 900. Very true.
But I taught mine that if you can't pay for it twice, you can't afford it

I'm hearing a lot of that same rhetoric here too. I can't explain the strength of the dollar other than it's "the healthiest horse in the glue factory".

I like Ron Paul but that is nothing more than an infomercial. Guess every one has to make a living but that's scraping the bottom of the barrel.

There is some truth to it, but for the time being there is not a better place to put your money.

Our govt is nothing more than a reflection of the people. As long as Americans keep being dependent on debt I don't know how you can expect our govt to be any different. In a lot of ways I wish interest rates would sky rocket. People would find out how bad they get screwed because the banks know you can get a loan for that item or that you can put it on a card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts