ebay

Help Support CattleToday:

Sometimes yes...sometimes no. Gotta figure in the shipping and handling charges. Before those got ridiculous, I did a lot of clothes shopping from my grandson on Ebay...and sometimes still do. So far, with clothes, I haven't been burned.

Alice

Thanks Alice....... :D Woosh..right over this guys head.... ;-)

I've done a lot of shopping on ebay... sold my horse trailer that way (for a good price), and have bought a lot of Christmas. I find its the specialized things you do best with... I bought a fireplace mantle for the new house, a cattle chute, Charolais belt buck for my daughter's friend, etc. Just stay away from anything coming from outside the US (namely China). Id pay more in gas than I do shipping.

Used to do quite a bit of buying and selling on ebay but haven't for a while.
But have a lot of just had to have items that I never use after buying them and need to git rid of.
Thinking about them selling on ebay.
I seem to have a problem of buying items I think I just got to have and then never use them.

Cal

Used to buy quite a bit off there but it is so commercial now that it is not the deal it used to be. Know what your product is worth before ya start in , alot of stuff ends up costing more than you can go buy it local for.

Used to buy quite a bit off there but it is so commercial now that it is not the deal it used to be. Know what your product is worth before ya start in , alot of stuff ends up costing more than you can go buy it local for.

Put in the minimum bid for hydraulic hoses many times. If I win some, I bid up the others the guy is selling to combine shipping. Just one hose on the extend bucket costs $118. If I can find them that long on eBay for $30, I buy them. Many times I have them shortened to fit specific locations. That only costs about $10. If it is the weekend and I bust a hose, don't have to shut down, go to town, or wait until Monday :lol: Sometimes the hose is not the right length, (too long) but I can limp along and finish projects.

Most of my ebay stuff has been pretty good. Only been burned twice.
I also watch the shipping and handling charges. If no insurance is offered I stay away.

I used to buy a lot of firearms related items on Ebay. Now that they have banned those sales, bullets barrels, etc. I haven't opened that website for 2 or 3 months.

Seems like it has become very commercial also , and you can't trust a lot of the sellers anymore.

I bought a saddle from Egypt. It got here in about 9 days. I was amazed. bought a self-contained oil heater for the bathroom. It was ok - shipping pretty much brought it up to local cost but it got delivered to the front door and that is always a thrill out here. :p

I'm surprised cfpinz hasn;t responded. He seems to think if it ain;t on ebay it ain;t for sale

Ebay is awesome - I've done a ton of Christmas shopping from the comfort of my lazy rear end on this chair in my living room. I love ebay and am hopelessly addicted.

dun":bz5kk75x said:
I'm surprised cfpinz hasn;t responded. He seems to think if it ain;t on ebay it ain;t for sale

ebay was cool before everybody had a computer. Now it's a seller's market. The only deals I can find now are when someone lists an item in the wrong category. I got a new exhaust brake for one of the trucks in the mail yesterday. Paid $207 for it, most places sell them for $850. Wonder if the wife would like an exhaust brake for Christmas?

cfpinz

Brandi2005":1vex0e47 said:
what is your opinion? better prices?

My hub is an ebay freak. You can get some good prices but is mos' def' Buyer Beware. Before we met, my hub had wracked up some major bills on ebay. I think it is addictive for some folks. And the stuff he bought! Bar mirrors, an oil painting of dogs playing pool, Miller Lite longhorns that light up in the middle, (those are going to the charity auction, some guy will drag them home to his unsuspecting wife).

I have never shopped on ebay. I dont like paypal.

Bull Semen Just saw it.
Never would of thought it.

Load bars and readouts for digital scales seem to be a good deal. Less than half of retail.

Remember my tailgate story when the G/N came off on that terrace? New tailgate on ebay was $270(total) that matched my truck's color. They wanted more than that just to paint a new one. It took a while and the snipers got me twice before.

There are many deals on ebay, but you must know what is and is not a deal. The auction process is where you're going to find the best deals, not in the ebay stores.

After the last trip to Sams Club, I did a comparison of the receipt vs ebay prices and 90% of the time things could be bought cheaper on ebay.

Watch the shipping. That's where you can really get shafted.

Novatech,
I have been eyeballing those load bars. But I am not sure about those. Do you know of anyone that has ever purchased these and they continue to work after the warranty? I am not saying they are cheap, but I would like the rest of the story.
Chuckie

Latest posts