Easy Way To Measuring Property for Fences etc...

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I wanted to share this great website that will allow you to measure your land by use of satellite. We ran a measuring wheel across the front of the property, and then I used this site to compare it, and the distances are so close that I will just continue to use this now. This is a tool that anyone in the can use. Even Ken, Lithuanian Farmer, and Knersie can measure their land as it is worldwide.

http://www.freemaptools.com/area-calculator.htm

Adjust your "map height" directly under the map,to large so you can still see the information at the bottom of the page. If you make it full screen, the information windows will disappear.
When the search box comes up "Search for Location" just type your address of the land you want to measure.

This is great when trying to measure for water lines and fences. Before you start the process for measuring fence lines, etc... Go to the left hand side of the page where it gives you a list of "Popular Map Tools." Click on what you are wanting to achieve, such as "Measure Distance on a map." Then it will allow you to use miles, km, nautical miles, and yards.
You also can also measure the acreage in different fields for establishing rotational grazing lines, etc......

When you want to pull your land closer, use the tool on the left hand side rather than enlarge it with the mouse as it will distort the map. It has a slider on the left hand side and a "pan" tool to scoot the map in all directions.
In the upper right hand corner of the map, it has the word "Map" in a drop down menu window. Click on that and it will allow you to look at your land by satellite so you can see the land marks exactly where they are, and points where you need to measure. The picture is very clear. You can set the map to large or full screen and from yards or meters.
When you click on the map, pointers will pop up on the map, and you can slide them where you need for them to go. You can use as many as you need if your property line is zig-zagged.

Check it out......

For straight line distances I use a laser range finder, quick and accurate.

Latest posts