East Coast Folks

Help Support CattleToday:

john250":1qjzr714 said:
Are you ready for the hurricane a comin'? Sounds pretty bad, potentially. Anything you want to say before the internet goes dead?
I aint on the coast but I'll say somthin' before their Internet goes out......RUN!

Isomade":1yo0sio9 said:
john250":1yo0sio9 said:
Are you ready for the hurricane a comin'? Sounds pretty bad, potentially. Anything you want to say before the internet goes dead?
I aint on the coast but I'll say somthin' before their Internet goes out......RUN!

Heck, they are planing a party.

Isomade":31crws95 said:
john250":31crws95 said:
And soon. Before all the traffic clogs up the roads.
(Just a thought- They sell male urinals at Wal Mart)

When the last one that hit about the same area they sent us to Richmond VA so we would be near but safe. We arrived a day before it came ashore and had all the briefings and got all plans made. The storm came right over our safe area. By then it was only a high cat 1 but that was plenty for me. Never again. When Hurricane Ike hit TX 3 or 4 years ago I spent the night before in western Alabama. Darn thing wasnt going to get me.

kenny thomas":1j5z8vkr said:
When the last one that hit about the same area they sent us to Richmond VA so we would be near but safe. We arrived a day before it came ashore and had all the briefings and got all plans made. The storm came right over our safe area. By then it was only a high cat 1 but that was plenty for me. Never again. When Hurricane Ike hit TX 3 or 4 years ago I spent the night before in western Alabama. Darn thing wasnt going to get me.
Kenny a category 1 is just a light breeze. Cajuns down here go out in their pirogues in no more wind than that. They usually close down schools so the kids can enjoy good kite flying weather. :lol:
(Just joking folks. Sort of.)
Should be down to a 2 or 1 as it moves on up the coast.

I hear it could become a cat 3 as it gets closer to NY. I never heard of a hurricane across this
part of the US, not to mention earthquakes on that side of the continent. Are you guys lucky?
We'll be praying for your safety! Please be careful!
Valerie

vclavin":1m4xx59s said:
I hear it could become a cat 3 as it gets closer to NY. I never heard of a hurricane across this
part of the US, not to mention earthquakes on that side of the continent. Are you guys lucky?
Valerie
Most of the time before they get that far north they have lost their steam and
this one is just hanging a little farther east than normal and so it hasn't hit land to weaken it

cowman":3tllfgi0 said:
We need the rain off of it. Wished it was coming a little closer

Don't want to wish any harm on anyone but I agree.
It's so dry here in the proverty pocket.

fitz

Angus Cowman":l0fdxo0m said:
vclavin":l0fdxo0m said:
Valerie
Most of the time before they get that far north they have lost their steam and
this one is just hanging a little farther east than normal and so it hasn't hit land to weaken it

They said something about the system getting over warmer water and that could make it nastier! Hope they are wrong.
Valerie

woohoo hurricane party!!! :banana: :drink:
cept its been pourin here already,, im sure trees will be topplin.
Im gonna be nice and let the cows come up to the barn.
were lookin at 6 more inches of rain.

Latest posts