Earth quake

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
Topic on Facebook about the California Earth quake, well over 2000 comments, probably 90% or more were negative wishing Ca. Would have broke off and gone into the sea. Sad to see so much hatred but they ( the Cafornia leaders have done it to the State.

cowboy43 said:
Topic on Facebook about the California Earth quake, well over 2000 comments, probably 90% or more were negative wishing Ca. Would have broke off and gone into the sea. Sad to see so much hatred but they ( the Cafornia leaders have done it to the State.

Coming from Australia i have no idea what is going on, what did California do to attract the ire of their fellow countrymen?

Redgully said:
cowboy43 said:

Coming from Australia i have no idea what is going on, what did California do to attract the ire of their fellow countrymen?

Nothing, really. Politicians of a certain persuasion like to point at anything that goes wrong in California as a harbinger of everything that's wrong with the opposing political view. It's a nice place.

Some pictures are coming in of the damage and personal devastation. Look at the agony in this guy's face:
https://nyoobserver.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/454081200.jpg

Seriously, I do hope damage is minimal and injuries non-existent

Buck Randall said:
Redgully said:
cowboy43 said:

Nothing, really. Politicians of a certain persuasion like to point at anything that goes wrong in California as a harbinger of everything that's wrong with the opposing political view. It's a nice place.

"It's a nice place." Well it was. Been to LA or SF lately? The middle class is leaving in troves. Check out the cost of a You Haul one way rental going from California to anywhere else in the country. Them check the price of the same You Haul going one way back to California. Leaving will cost four times what it cost to go back.

Hmmm...me thinks Dave has spent some time in CA. ;-)
Earthquakes are a fact of life throughout CA. Some areas periodically get a devastating major rock and roller, others numerous daily inconsequential jolts. 6.4 is definitely significant. The epicenter at Ridgecrest is sparsely populated with minimal infrastructure hence no loss of life nor significant damage. Like wise, quakes of that magnitude in highly populated areas have devastating results.
Biggest one I've experienced was a 7.2. Roaring sound immediately followed by pavement undulating in 1-2 foot high waves waves, then an interminably long quake episode followed by buildings raining down onto the street. Knocked me to the ground. Thank god a kids horse parade had just concluded and they were relatively safely ensconced at a nearby fair grounds.

Dave said:
Buck Randall said:
Redgully said:

"It's a nice place." Well it was. Been to LA or SF lately? The middle class is leaving in troves. Check out the cost of a You Haul one way rental going from California to anywhere else in the country. Them check the price of the same You Haul going one way back to California. Leaving will cost four times what it cost to go back.

It's expensive as heck and I can understand why a lot of middle class people can't afford to live there. My friend bought a 3 bedroom fixer-upper outside of SF for 1.2 million. Same house would have gone for less than 100,000 in many parts of the country.
That said, real estate prices don't get that high unless the area has some things going for it.

If California was a country it's GDP would be the fifth largest in the world. Behind USA, China, Japan and Germany. Do not Tell the President or he will put tariffs on everything coming from California

hurleyjd said:
If California was a country it's GDP would be the fifth largest in the world. Behind USA, China, Japan and Germany.

With debt to match.

hurleyjd said:
If California was a country it's GDP would be the fifth largest in the world. Behind USA, China, Japan and Germany. Do not Tell the President or he will put tariffs on everything coming from California

where do you come up with this shyte :roll:

Carpenter2n said:
hurleyjd said:

Pretty easy just decide what you want to know and do an internet search.
https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/california-economy-16-mind-blowing-facts-2019-4-1028142608#the-bay-area-ranks-19th-in-the-world-in-economic-activity2

hurleyjd said:
Carpenter2n said:
hurleyjd said:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/california-economy-16-mind-blowing-facts-2019-4-1028142608#the-bay-area-ranks-19th-in-the-world-in-economic-activity2

"tariffs on everything coming from California"....Again, your political bias is the problem....

Carpenter2n said:
hurleyjd said:
Carpenter2n said:

"tariffs on everything coming from California"....Again, your political bias is the problem....
Put your red hat own kick off your shoes and enjoy a beer. Every one has a political bias even you.

Yes, we do all have our own biases. However, we are not supposed to express them here, yet you continually feel the need to get your snide jabs in, without ever really making any valid points. It gets rather frustrating to see you denigrate this country on such a regular basis. I repeat...you're an idiot.

My neighbour felt a tremor the other night, one of his mounted sculls fell off the wall. Might be from the earthquake over there. Maybe the world is going to break in half. I hope I end up in the good half.

Ken