Dust from Texas and Oklahoma

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
We had several calls today that smoke was covering a large area of the county. I went to check it and it looked odd. No smoke smell and could not find a fire. It had rained last night so it was kinda damp anyway. I went across the mountain and into another county and it was the same there. The news tonight said it was dusst coming from Texas and Oklahoma. Must be really bad there becausse we are 900 miles away.

We had some in our area today too. I wasn't sure what it was til I heard it on the news. I've got a couple buddies that went to the Star Lake sale, so it'll be interesting to hear from them when they get back- about the big sale and how dusty it was over there.

That's odd. I was as far SW as Kerrville last weekend, and as far north as Waco without seeing anything that would be considered dusty in those parts of Texas. Goint to Paris Texas (on Okla border) tomorrow for a few days--maybe something up that way, but I believe most of the Eastern 1/2 of the state has seen rain in the last couple weeks.

greybeard":3jg3w5om said:
That's odd. I was as far SW as Kerrville last weekend, and as far north as Waco without seeing anything that would be considered dusty in those parts of Texas. Goint to Paris Texas (on Okla border) tomorrow for a few days--maybe something up that way, but I believe most of the Eastern 1/2 of the state has seen rain in the last couple weeks.
http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread ... 8#M2649448

Wow, I thought it was awful dusty.... but I was cleaning out a grain bin. :D

Actually, it was windy, but there wasn't much dust at all in west central Oklahoma around me yesterday, I even made a trip to Oklahoma City and didn't notice anything. That dust must have been further north, I think they plant a little later. Most of the rye and wheat fields have been up for a few weeks around us.

Latest posts