During the night....

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
Woke up to this surprise. Was due 9-10, so 282 days gestation:

Not the best udder, but cow is 12 years old and this is her 15th calf! 3 sets of live twins - both heifers! Both have already sucked. I have some awesome daughters in the herd.

Twins weighed 80# each. Sired by W/C Innocent Man. Cow is an old Perfector out of my deceased donor cow Miss power Lass (Power Stroke). Out of 30 spring calves, 13 go back to the old Miss Lass (8 of them are heifers).
Her udder has been about the same for years - obviously not perfect - but very functional. Never had a problem.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Twins weighed 80# each. Sired by W/C Innocent Man. Cow is an old Perfector out of my deceased donor cow Miss power Lass (Power Stroke). Out of 30 spring calves, 13 go back to the old Miss Lass (8 of them are heifers).
Her udder has been about the same for years - obviously not perfect - but very functional. Never had a problem.

That is big for twins! As long as her udder is functional and the calves nurse without helping them, I like that cow.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Wow, that's a lot of calf for twins!! Always good to have those trustworthy older cows... congrats!!

Nice calves, good for the cow. If her udder has stayed pretty much the same for years then there are alot worse things to worry about. Looks aren't everything, yes it is nice to have a snug up close udder, but I'd take a cow like this any day. Congrats.

Momma is a big girl. She weighed 1900# on Sept 1 (very pregnant). I don't go around bragging about how big my cows are. Big doesn't make them good. But, this is a good cow. I'll gladly take girls out of her. I've got some powerful daughters in the herd out of her.
Just had a heifer calf this evening out of a maternal sister. Red blazed face - woohoo.

Latest posts