Duramax injectors 2001-2004?

Help Support CattleToday:

Limomike

Reaction score
Anyone on here have problems with their Duramax diesel (6.6 ltr) and the injectors? If so, what was the result of the problem you had?

How about a report on my 2005?

I've had several injector problems. Actually had 1 injector that was bad, but all of the other problems were due to wiring. Seems that there has been a couple of recalls on wiring problems, and in places, the wiring had not been insulated enough to keep it from rubbing through the cover. Had another problem a few weeks ago, and some of the wiring had rubbed against the frame until it was shorting out.

Most problems are going to be from your wiring, not your injectors.

The LB7 motor injectors, 2001-2003 were bad, GM extended the warranty to 7 years, 200,000 miles. Many people had issues. Having said that, my 2002 went 193,000 miles with only 2 months left on warranty and then went out. I had one of the better ones. I'm hoping they last for another 100,000 .... we'll see.

The LB7 motor injectors, 2001-2003 were bad, GM extended the warranty to 7 years, 200,000 miles. Many people had issues. Having said that, my 2002 went 193,000 miles with only 2 months left on warranty and then went out. I had one of the better ones. I'm hoping they last for another 100,000 .... we'll see.

Limomike":23kxpo9o said:
Anyone on here have problems with their Duramax diesel (6.6 ltr) and the injectors? If so, what was the result of the problem you had?

Had to replace the injectors in my '01 model but luckily it was just before the warranty ran out. After that I haven't turned a tap on it for anything.

Yep '03 had the injectors go -- GM would replace them one at a time while under warranty and then the next one would go -- truck would puff white/gray smoke, get the next one replaced...

...eventually the warranty ran out

...we traded it in and do you know the first question they asked before calculating what they'd give us?

"Had any problems with the injectors?"

So yes, the '01 to '04 models had/have injector issues that have since been corrected in the later models.

Thanks for the responses. I just had the injectors go bad on me in my 01 Duramax. Needless to say the warranty is gone, and its going to cost me a bundle to get them replaced. I guess its a good thing I like that truck.

Yes early models had problems. But I thought in 03 the engine was changed and injectors were on outside of the valve cover and then they started having wiring problems. It may have been 04 ,anyway they are good trucks and engines.JHH

JHH":22mx6yiq said:
Yes early models had problems. But I thought in 03 the engine was changed and injectors were on outside of the valve cover and then they started having wiring problems. It may have been 04 ,anyway they are good trucks and engines.JHH

You are right JHH. In '03' they did start making the engines with the injectors outside of the valve cover. Well, I finally got mine back today. New injectors, fuel regulater, water sensor, serpetine belt, oil, filters, at a mere cost of $4800. :shock: :shock:

Latest posts