Duracor??

Help Support CattleToday:

Duracor label does not list wild mustard as a controlled weed. Here is a handy weed id booklet with pictures and recommended Corteva herbicides.

In addition to herbicide choice, look at timing of application. Weeds that germinate in the fall might require spraying in fall or very early spring or else get too big. Weedmaster label lists mustard.

Yeah that Weedmaster, Brash, Rifle D or many other names of Dicamba 2 4 D mix is the way to go IMO. Its cheaper than most and has a very broad range on what it kills. Its just the drift problem you have to watch.

Duracor label does not list wild mustard as a controlled weed. Here is a handy weed id booklet with pictures and recommended Corteva herbicides.

In addition to herbicide choice, look at timing of application. Weeds that germinate in the fall might require spraying in fall or very early spring or else get too big. Weedmaster label lists mustard.
Good info, thanks!

Its tough for me because I have fields that border an apple orchard. 2-4d is a nonstarter except early spring before the leaves. Predictably, mustard is getting thick in those fields now. But for thistle its powerful.

Last edited:
For the most part, spraying weeds when they are very young results in a better kill rate. The bigger they get, the more that rate goes down. The problem with goatweed is that it comes up all summer. You can get a good kill in the spring but the weeds will continue to sprout in the summer. Timing is crucial. I sprayed relatively early last year and had to spray a second time to get the weeds that didn't sprout until later. Haven't used Duracor so can't really speak to its effectiveness but am considering trying it - it lists about 140 weeds which is a good bit more than Grazon & Outrider combined - but the Outrider does a good job on Johnson grass which is why I used it in hay fields this year. Have used Grazon P+D & Outrider this year with pretty good results thus far when mixed with a surfactant. I know this reply is a little late but here it is for what it's worth. The label on Duracor does have some restrictions (14 day wait to cut/bale treated grass) that may be problematic - that's why I haven't bitten the bullet and used it yet. FYI: https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/agrian-cg-fs1-production/pdfs/DuraCor_Label1.pdf

Last edited: