Dunmovin,ca

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":1dp1ua4b said:
Nice scenary. Was it cold there? I see a bunch of chimneys.
teens in the winters 100 and teens in the summer

Do you know anything about the house? Looks rather large and I can't help but wonder why the water heater is hanging out the window. Big party or is it situated on a large holding?

Jogeephus":2qhk1n98 said:
Do you know anything about the house? Looks rather large and I can't help but wonder why the water heater is hanging out the window. Big party or is it situated on a large holding?
That's a swamp cooler not a water heater.

dun":5tcjbi5x said:
Jogeephus":5tcjbi5x said:
dun do you really think an ol' boy from Georgia would understand "adding humidity to the air to make it cooler"?? :lol2:

TexasBred":2e124fbi said:
dun":2e124fbi said:
Jogeephus":2e124fbi said:
dun do you really think an ol' boy from Georgia would understand "adding humidity to the air to make it cooler"?? :lol2:
Sure, it's like sweating and going down the road in the pickup with the windows open

:lol2: :lol2: Thankfully we have google. I looked it up. Don't see how it would work to good around here but can kinda see how it might work where its dry. I do think folks in Georgia would rather carry the beer out to the truck in an Igloo cooler rather than trying to take the swam cooler with them when they pulled out.

Inyo county is not exactly what most people think of when they think California. :lol: What elevation were you at there? I've spent some time on the Nevada side of the line and it's a whole different ballgame from what most of us know about ranching... so dry that at zero degrees you can go out to start your truck in shorts, slippers and a t-shirt and not realize it's chilly until you get back inside. I talked to a rancher in Fish Lake that spent most of his year hauling water out to wherever the cows were "grazing" just to be able to use the land. I love that country but that is one tough way to make a living with cattle.

It's about 3500 feet with mountains to 10-12k feet and Mt Whitney to around 14k feet.
That area is the only thing I miss about ca. That's why if I ever move and quit cows I'll be heading to NM

In the Cattle Pages days when you still used the username dunmovin, was that where you lived then? Just thinking back its been 10 years that I've read your posts and I still learn from them.

KNERSIE":6sggio0h said:
In the Cattle Pages days when you still used the username dunmovin, was that where you lived then? Just thinking back its been 10 years that I've read your posts and I still learn from them.
we Lived about 3 miles south of there till about 15 years ago. Chased range cows all over that area (300 acres per head), but it was great winter deer hunting

Dun, NM is pretty but I decided on Arizonia. A little north and west of flagstaff near red lake Water IS a problem, and plenty of winter. A full four seasons and great views. Hopefully someday I will retire on the place, if not the kids can summer there. Nothing beats a swamp cooler for kids, talking into the fan boy what memories.

papavillars":d57wjg1i said:
Dun, NM is pretty but I decided on Arizonia. A little north and west of flagstaff near red lake Water IS a problem, and plenty of winter. A full four seasons and great views. Hopefully someday I will retire on the place, if not the kids can summer there. Nothing beats a swamp cooler for kids, talking into the fan boy what memories.
I really liked the area around Alamogordo and north up Hwy 54

Well, I wish you well and hope it is in your future. I used to ski Ruidoso a lot but have never stayed on the southern slopes.

Lammie":2an7gxo7 said:
Splendid isolation...
Dunmovin is about 12-15 miles south of Olancha that ga prime posted a picture of a while back

Latest posts