semi-big doins at dunmovin farms(Windyridge Red Angus)

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":gjzp1bpr said:
dun":gjzp1bpr said:
I've got a heater in it but it's too big to really do more then get the chill off when the temp is in 30s or below. But I have been known to set up a chair infront of the heater and read for hours at a time.

On my list, to enlarge my shop a little and install a wood heater in it--not that it gets all that cold here, but having lived with central heat in this house for years now, (and it is warm all right), but I have come to realize I miss the warmth that sitting in front a gas or wood heater puts out. There's just a difference and I can't explain it to my wife for nuthin.
Congrats on the upcoming retirement!!

My wife and I both grew up in houses with wood heat. After we got married we lived in a trailer for three winters that had only a heat pump and we about froze to death. Our house we built has a fireplace, a wood cook stove, and a wood furnace in the basement. I am not sure if it is just in my head or not but nothing feels as warm to me as wood heat.

hillbilly beef man":1mhi1wx3 said:
Our house we built has a fireplace, a wood cook stove, and a wood furnace in the basement. I am not sure if it is just in my head or not but nothing feels as warm to me as wood heat.
I agree, plus it's a great place to keep a pot of beans cooking.

Latest posts