Dump Trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

I've thought about putting a set of hoses on my dump trailer and plugging them into the back remotes of the Hydrabed truck, bypassing the electric over hydraulic unit. Assuming the same fluid in each, any concerns or words of caution? Anyone here ever done that?

Thanks.

If using it strictly on your place look into an old dump truck. I got one for $1,600 works great.

I saw a dump truck whittled down to a trailer last night on Facebook. Pto shaft to the tractor spun the pump. Said it worked good. $1250, and it was gone in minutes. I'd took a chance on it, but missed the deal.

I saw a dump truck whittled down to a trailer last night on Facebook. Pto shaft to the tractor spun the pump. Said it worked good. $1250, and it was gone in minutes. I'd took a chance on it, but missed the deal.
I have been around a couple of those and they do work good. Takes a decent tractor in front of it just for the weight depending on what you are hauling and the guy that built the tongue needs to know what he was doing. They can tilt up as the weight goes back especially if you are dumping dirt or something sticky. Pretty handy around the farm though.

I know a guy that loaded a dead one on his flatbed truck and didn't strap it down. He stopped in the middle of town and made a left turn and she slid off onto the highway. He went a couple miles before he noticed she was gone.
I pick them up with the arms on the bale bed and haul them home on the back of the flatbed. Would love to hear the conversations in the vehicles that get behind me, specifically the touristy types from town out visiting the wineries, breweries, etc.

I have an old Bedford tipper that has a broken axle, can't find a replacement so I pulled both axles and made an A frame to tow it then start it up to tip it. It self steers to a degree but then tries to go its own way so need someone to steer it. Good for when my grandson and his father come up, keeps them amused for ages. The brakes are much improved in it when connected to the tractor as by itself there are no brakes.

Ken

I have a 6 by 10, 9990 GVWR bumper pull. Basic hydraulic cylinder. If you overload it, it won't dump unless you give it a little help with a crow bar underneath the leading edge. To maintain the battery, there is an AUX fuse in the truck that you need to have installed and it will charge the battery while hooked up. I didn't know that until the trailer dealer told me. I pull it with a 2500HD.

Latest posts