Duals ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Both have advantages and disadvantages, Band Duals will fill with mud faster as they are usually only 6-10" between the tires. This can also be a problem with snow pack and a wet snow. The bolt on/axlemounts can be set to different widths so you can avoid driving on a row especially if you are planting with duals and the soil is damp. Band duals are usually less expensive to purchase at least used ones I have never priced new duals of either style. Each type can be difficult to mount but axle mounts aren't removed as often as band duals used to be. Now elevators have scales wide enough for the tractor with duals so alot of operators don't remove duals so once the axle mount is on they stay on.

When you do not have a wide axle and use Band dauls when you take them off your tractor is narrow, makes getting about easy, with a wide axle for the bolt on types you can still be quite wide (then opps over goes the gate post :hide: )

I have had the band type jam on and be a real pain to come off, but then I also had some joker over tighten bolts to the point they needed heating to be removed :mad:

When I was young we had a third type that were easy to go on, however they also had a habbit of falling off again :bang:

I do a lot of hillside work and keep duals on all the time. I use the bolt on because I feel safer with the bolt on. Some of my neighbors have lost duals that were clamped or banded on.

lowellcantrell":1554274o said:
I do a lot of hillside work and keep duals on all the time. I use the bolt on because I feel safer with the bolt on. Some of my neighbors have lost duals that were clamped or banded on.

agreed

john250":1owzyfvl said:
A set of radial tires (single) will pull as well as any duals.

My inside tires are radials and then I have a set of hub mount bias duals. Tractor pulls a lot better with the duals on.

John250 single tires will never out pull duals sorry. We have a 9560R wouldn't pull our Dominator without duals. We tried for fun when it got dropped off.

chevytaHOE5674":38b9h5vy said:
john250":38b9h5vy said:
A set of radial tires (single) will pull as well as any duals.

My inside tires are radials and then I have a set of hub mount bias duals. Tractor pulls a lot better with the duals on.

You are defeating the money you spent on inside duals. Inflate the radials to 8-10 lbs, if you hang bias tires on the outside you just defeat the radials. Just my opinion. Inflate your tires any way you want.

I've tried the inside tire pressure every where possible. Duals puts twice the rubber on the ground. There is a reason everybody uses them.

Latest posts