Drought Buzz ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Here in SW Oklahoma, it's ridiculously dry. I keep a rain log at work and the last time we had any measurable rain was October 5th. Our rye looks pitiful. If it doesn't rain soon, I'm not sure it will survive.

Banjo":1rsucgnn said:
Son of Butch":1rsucgnn said:
crystal ball: Next significant drought should still be a few years away.
Pluto enters Aquarius (the water bearer) in 2023 and by the time it leaves in 2043 (25 years from now) there will be
an understanding of droughts like none have had since the dust bowl era of the 1930s.
100 yr cycle? but wider than ever before.

Can you expand on that some more?
I can't predict a football game and you want me to expand on what? total rainfall in Western Kentucky from May - Oct
in 2038? :D

Son of Butch":1kkrjbiz said:
I can't predict a football game and you want me to expand on what? total rainfall in Western Kentucky from May - Oct
in 2038? :D
hellsbells the pros around here are lucky if they get it right just going day to day. The most common comment around here for the TV/and NWS weather people is "it's supposed to rain,snow, be dry 5 days from now, " but that's a long ways away

We have had a real mild winter. We are ahead of normal for moisture but it has almost all been rain. Very little snow pack in the mountains. I drove over a couple 5,000 foot + passes today. Not a bit of snow. Mild temperatures.

Son of Butch":19vmunut said:
Pluto enters Aquarius (the water bearer) in 2023 and by the time it leaves in 2043 (25 years from now) there will be
an understanding of droughts like none have had since the dust bowl era of the 1930s.

I found your response interesting so I Googled "Pluto enters Aquarius (the water bearer) in 2023". Settled on an answer by "elsaelsa.com". I never was an Astrology nut but it's apparently an enormous subject with a lot of folks into it....like a religion.

What I did find was that people tended to relate events to cycles and presumed that when the cycle reoccurred, something of the sort would again emerge......speculation????? We can "read into" anything if we wish. Question is what is fact and what is fiction.

I hope you are wrong.

Texasmark":13c00ax1 said:
Son of Butch":13c00ax1 said:

I found your response interesting so I Googled "Pluto enters Aquarius (the water bearer) in 2023". Settled on an answer by "elsaelsa.com". I never was an Astrology nut but it's apparently an enormous subject with a lot of folks into it....like a religion.

What I did find was that people tended to relate events to cycles and presumed that when the cycle reoccurred, something of the sort would again emerge......speculation????? We can "read into" anything if we wish. Question is what is fact and what is fiction.

I hope you are wrong.
I quit using what has happened before in a cycle based on for us "normal" means something will be different not the same

We live just north of the black hills. The region was dry last summer and we have had very little moisture this winter. I know the weather can change suddenly but if it doesn't I doubt these operators will be willing to buy the volume of hay they have been buying. By the end of March we may be seeing a significant sell off.

Texasmark":1orf7pp6 said:
Son of Butch":1orf7pp6 said:

Astronomy vs Astrology
Both use the same terms as constellation names and zodiac positions were documented in celestial star charts over
3,000 years ago. Prior to 600 ad the term for each was often used interchangeably.
St Isidore identified the entangled strands as Astrologia Naturalis (Astronomy) and Astrologia Superstitiosa (Astrology)

Superstitiosa is a false religion based on the belief the stars and zodiac positions influence mans actions and outcome.
Naturalis is a study of astronomical sources and scientific data as to how the constellations bear witness to the accuracy
of biblical prophetic truths.

Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven... and let them be for signs...
The 3 wise men understood Naturalis and when they were able to read the symbology written in the constellations
organized a (2 year) expedition to travel a great distance to bear witness to what they understood to be a super
natural event of great importance.

The bible has numerous mentions of constellations with names so ancient that their meaning is almost obscure.
When the symbology is understood the entire plan of God is written into the stars as a witness as to what will occur.
What I could really use would be at least another 2 and 1/2 wise men. :D

AZAggie":evnne6mm said:
Here in SW Oklahoma, it's ridiculously dry. I keep a rain log at work and the last time we had any measurable rain was October 5th. Our rye looks pitiful. If it doesn't rain soon, I'm not sure it will survive.

Wish I could send you some as it is always feast or famine. Where in mud and rain the next 10 days in the forecast. I would like to reschedule some of this myself for July.

Caustic Burno":3udgl2qh said:
AZAggie":3udgl2qh said:

Wish I could send you some as it is always feast or famine. Where in mud and rain the next 10 days in the forecast. I would like to reschedule some of this myself for July.
We never seem to get it at the right times.