Down That Red Dirt Road

Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime

Reaction score
P1010488.jpg

What the song doesn't say is that if you go down that red dirt road after a 1" rain you'll wind up in the ditch. Like I did last week.

You know your done for when you put your truck in park and it just keeps sliding toward the ditch. Yeah, I think I've been on that road before. Hope it didn't mess up your truck too bad.

Exactly, Jogee. It had rained 4 tenths last Tuesday and I went down the road to see the cows. Not too slick then. I was in the two wheel drive F150. While looking at the cows it rained 6 more tenths. I stopped on top of that hill coming back. Started slowly down and whatever I did it went toward the ditch. Had to call my nephew to bring the 4030 and a chain. Luckily, didn't hurt the truck at all.

ga. prime":2lo3eljm said:
Kelly, hey it's dried out now! Didn't have the camera when I was in the ditch there. 8)
yeah, there were ruts in the roads like 2 feet deep. pretty annoyin but whatever. you didnt look like you did to much damage. i guess if ya gotta check the cows, you gotta check the cows!

Once, I saw I was going to get into trouble so I stopped and put it in park and got out to smoke it over. Well the truck started sliding in the ditch with it in park. :shock: I just stood there till the tractor came. Couldn't move my legs cause my boots had collected 200 lbs of that Georgia red clay on each.

I feel rich. The road past my place has pavement and ALL our roads are at least graveled. BUT, paving the roads just lures people to build homes on 2 acres out here. I'd leave them roads dirt as long as I could.

Latest posts