DOW 10000

Help Support CattleToday:

HerefordSire":2fi7czny said:
Mother of all crashes coming.

That or corporate earnings are going too soar in the first half of 2010. I still think that this rise was just people hedging against hyper inflation (ie they don't want their money in cash or bonds and real estate hasn't bottomed yet). If we are above 10,000 six months from now I will be SHOCKED!!

HerefordSire":1gr6gcoz said:
SP500_PE_Ratios_2009_chart.JPG

http://newsusa.myfeedportal.com/viewart ... icleid=446
Go to the website below the chart. On the menu on the right side, click on Robert Prechter. Watch the video of the interview.
(Then circle the wagons. :help: )

I am not a big chart person but THAT may be the scariest thing I have ever seen.

Brandonm22":33w5q0ve said:
I am not a big chart person but THAT may be the scariest thing I have ever seen.
Brandonm my comments are not directed to you personally.
If anybody had asked, and they haven't, I would say learn some simple stuff about charting and indicators.
At least learn to draw a trend line and support and resistance. Learn how to set a stop loss.

Basic charting would have kept a lot of people from those big losses when the market came tumbling down. There was no reason not to have seen that coming.

Rule No. 1 is- don't take big losses.
Also, learn "not" to listen to the people on the television that come on like gang busters with all their theatrics. Their job is to get you all worked up so you will keep watching. Their job is not to inform you.
They don't give the news. They use the news to excite.
Same with a lot (most) brokers. As theTitanic goes down, they will tell you it is just temporary and the ship will start floating again soon. :frowns:
Just my opinions.

Brandonm22":h5929ttl said:
HerefordSire":h5929ttl said:

That or corporate earnings are going too soar in the first half of 2010. I still think that this rise was just people hedging against hyper inflation (ie they don't want their money in cash or bonds and real estate hasn't bottomed yet). If we are above 10,000 six months from now I will be SHOCKED!!

The chart is a little harder to figure out that what it seems. The fed intervened with trillions pumping the system which normally would not have occurred in the last 100 years. They are skewing everything and the balance sheets are being hidden.

HerefordSire":j008hqq1 said:
Brandonm22":j008hqq1 said:
HerefordSire":j008hqq1 said:

The chart is a little harder to figure out that what it seems. The fed intervened with trillions pumping the system which normally would not have occurred in the last 100 years. They are skewing everything and the balance sheets are being hidden.

Bingo, this is all fake . Get in and get out before it crashes for good. It is just a matter of time.

My wife and grandkids are all in to farm town amd farm ville, like ciber farming.. That is the way I fell about stock and paper money,It is not real and has no real value,( except of right not) tomorrow you can wipe you butt with it...Just a I.O.U. I like real things ie. gold(not now to high), silver, land,guns and ammo, knives, anything old, anything real and solid.......

alftn":3fclvu7e said:
My wife and grandkids are all in to farm town amd farm ville, like ciber farming.. That is the way I fell about stock and paper money,It is not real and has no real value,( except of right not) tomorrow you can wipe you butt with it...Just a I.O.U. I like real things ie. gold(not now to high), silver, land,guns and ammo, knives, anything old, anything real and solid.......

It never hurts to sit on the tangibles, as you stated, and to have a few nickels on the side too - just in case. Both of them ???

Wewild":3v14ku6g said:
Help me understand this difference in the reports. P/E at 29%. How does the S&P tie into the DJI directly?

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickc ... A&sid=1643

This one doesn't match the posted S&P chart before for all years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SP500pe.svg

IF you really follow the market, the S&P 500 is the more relevant index because that is ~the 500 more or less biggest publicly traded companies (ie most of the large caps). The Dow Jones Index is a much smaller mix of bigger companies. There are only 30 companies in the Dow and they remove companies that run into troubles (see GM, Citigroup, AIG) so it can be a very misleading indicator; but it is the one that the public follows most closely. If you follow small caps, the Russell 2000 index is the most commonly used measure.

Latest posts