DOW 10000

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
6,915
Reaction score
0
Location
Oklahoma
1982vett":1giccwsy said:
Now at 9925. Will it make it to 10000.......again?

9925. That's kinda scary. Sure it'll make it 10,000 again but I'm not going to hold my breath. I've been putting some money back in. Smarter people have said wait until after October, but so far so good. And I'm not putting my life's savings in there, just dipping my toe in a bit.

Did you see the report on NBC news last night about some agencies "bundling" life insurance policies like they used to bundle mortgages?
 
OP
1982vett

1982vett

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
9,512
Reaction score
314
Location
Central Texas
Frankie":l54b6o8m said:
Did you see the report on NBC news last night about some agencies "bundling" life insurance policies like they used to bundle mortgages?

No I didn't see it. Don't really watch network TV. My mind is running wild now. But isn't this what the AIG brew-ha-ha is all about?
 

Frankie

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
6,915
Reaction score
0
Location
Oklahoma

grannysoo

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
4,813
Reaction score
0
Location
The Briar Patch
1982vett":2n8qfs0b said:
Now at 9925. Will it make it to 10000.......again?

Yes it will! And...... it will also be dropping like a rock again too. Gotta get the sheeple fully involved again before the bottom drops out. Sheeple have short memories.
 

Brandonm22

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
1,848
Reaction score
0
I think it will break 10,000 by Thanksgiving or sooner. I also think we will see 7000 again at some point between now and June 2011. People smarter than me make their living riding that roller coaster.
 

TexasBred

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
30,765
Reaction score
269
Location
Heart of Texas
Frankie":2a4nu6oc said:
1982vett":2a4nu6oc said:
Now at 9925. Will it make it to 10000.......again?

9925. That's kinda scary. Sure it'll make it 10,000 again but I'm not going to hold my breath. I've been putting some money back in. Smarter people have said wait until after October, but so far so good. And I'm not putting my life's savings in there, just dipping my toe in a bit.

Did you see the report on NBC news last night about some agencies "bundling" life insurance policies like they used to bundle mortgages?

Didn't see the program but have heard one of those snake oil salesmen on Saturday Mornin trying to convince people to invest in them. And some idiot will.
 

Ryder

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 18, 2004
Messages
5,856
Reaction score
51
Location
Southeast Louisiana (Rep. of W. Fla.)
grannysoo":id61ewqx said:
1982vett":id61ewqx said:
Now at 9925. Will it make it to 10000.......again?

Yes it will! And...... it will also be dropping like a rock again too. Gotta get the sheeple fully involved again before the bottom drops out. Sheeple have short memories.
:shock: But the man on television said... :???:


:lol2:
 
OP
1982vett

1982vett

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
9,512
Reaction score
314
Location
Central Texas
HerefordSire":3ayj53n7 said:
If the bottom drops out of the US dollar, the DJIA can go to 20,000 quick.
So how fast does the DOW drop if :lol: a strong dollar :lol: policy :lol: is implemented?
 

HerefordSire

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
5,212
Reaction score
0
Location
Arkansas
1982vett":1vtjn1ik said:
HerefordSire":1vtjn1ik said:
If the bottom drops out of the US dollar, the DJIA can go to 20,000 quick.
So how fast does the DOW drop if :lol: a strong dollar :lol: policy :lol: is implemented?


If the PPT, aka plunge protection team or Goldman, wants the dollar to stop dropping, they will support it, when it is to their advantage. I would like to see the DJIA drop to 5,300 while the dollar reverses. Budget deficit is in the way right now.

Currencies are zero sum games in trading such as one side wins and the other loses. However, when the dollars drops like it has since the market rally began, our exports should rise as foreign countries buy our products because they are many times bargains after currency conversion. An exception to the rule is the China Yuan since they are mostly pegging our dollar. The downside for them is they are losing buying power just like us since it will take more dollars to buy the same product. There should be many foreign visitors coming here and foreigners buying our assets including major companies. Made me sick when Genentech was bought out by Roche even though they already owned about 60% stake.

For example, say I own Conoco Philips paying a 5% dividend. The dollar drops 5% in one year as long as I owned the stock. The buying power theoretically is the same, because each other cancel out, except for the market price fluctuation of the stock. Theoretically, the market price of COP should increase at least 5% or more when the dollar drops 5% if the price of oil stays the same.
 

hillsdown

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 31, 2006
Messages
9,930
Reaction score
9
Location
Alberta, Canada
I am going back in tomorrow. Mom and dad have made steady gains on their portfolio in the last couple of months (thank goodness) ..I told them to not get greedy now, when they are close to what they were at before the bottom fell out SELL..

I am going to play long enough to get back most of what was lost and then be done with it. Buy some more land or something..

I have a feeling that it will come back stronger than every and then crash hard and fast and that will be the end of the stock market as we know it.

My mom wanted to buy a crap load of US dollars .. :dunce:
 
OP
1982vett

1982vett

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
9,512
Reaction score
314
Location
Central Texas
Closed, crossing over the 10000 threshold for the um-teenth time since the first time it crossed. Closing 10015.86
 

HerefordSire

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
5,212
Reaction score
0
Location
Arkansas
SP500_PE_Ratios_2009_chart.JPG


http://newsusa.myfeedportal.com/viewart ... icleid=446
 
Top