Don't you hate it

Help Support CattleToday:

jrn28

Reaction score
When you pull up to you place and see some of your calves(or cow/bull for that matter) laying there motionless. Honked my horn and nothing. I walked over to them mad and worried, but all was ok. They were in a food coma.

Took some other pics

2day old limi x angus-plus heifer

Heavy bred heifer

:shock: I think their bloated! :lol:
Here in Ca. We would call that a "drive by shooting!" (Not really funny, cause it can really happen.)
Cattle and grass look really good! :nod:

Now I don't feel so bad. As a newbie, thought I was the only one that panics when I come upon such a scene! lol. Thanks for the pics. Envious of your grass!

Get them use to a loud whistle. I have one do that occasionally...just whistle real loud and she will raise up. Thinks it's dinner time.

Thanks all for the nice comments. Branguscowgirl, a friend of mine had a couple cows shot at probably a couple of drunk kids, found beer bottles on the front of his place.

Where about are you backhoe? haven't got much rain but i have been grateful for every bit we did get. This field will be getting yellowish soon, all the grass you see is mostly ryegrass,wintergrass and wild oats. Hopefully we get the rain they reported for Thursday.

TexasBred":2cujdpjn said:
Get them use to a loud whistle. I have one do that occasionally...just whistle real loud and she will raise up. Thinks it's dinner time.
I do whistle when I give cubes and they used to come running. But since the grass came up I haven't gave a bag in a while. They don't really react to the whistle like the did.