Dog/Pet Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Looks like a grizzly bear dog!
Bet you haven't seen one since you got him.
That's a riot - his name is GRIZZLY !!!
I have owned a Min Schnauzer for 40 years. I got this guy out of Loveland, Ohio. Always purchase a male and castrate them. Never could trust one with little kids until this guy. We used to barricade our display area when we left or put him in a crate, because I couldn't trust my Schnauzers - now, we leave and may come back to our display with a half dozen little munchkins playing on the ground with him.
I also have a Cattle Dog (blue heeler, my nephews bed partner) and he is also an angel with kids. Unless we are flying, our dogs come with us all the time. Have owned a heeler for 50 years - all great with kids.

Notice his "scarf"? My 4-H family made one for each dog with Simme Valley logo on it.

That's a riot - his name is GRIZZLY !!!
I have owned a Min Schnauzer for 40 years. I got this guy out of Loveland, Ohio. Always purchase a male and castrate them. Never could trust one with little kids until this guy. We used to barricade our display area when we left or put him in a crate, because I couldn't trust my Schnauzers - now, we leave and may come back to our display with a half dozen little munchkins playing on the ground with him.
I also have a Cattle Dog (blue heeler, my nephews bed partner) and he is also an angel with kids. Unless we are flying, our dogs come with us all the time. Have owned a heeler for 50 years - all great with kids.

Notice his "scarf"? My 4-H family made one for each dog with Simme Valley logo on it.
Well the current Russells are DD and 2D next one will be ND or OD. DD started out as damn dog, darling dog what ever fit for the moment.
2D is the second dog ND will be the new dog etc.

We used to raise Thai Ridgeback dogs. Excellent dog. Breed is very old and had not been watered down. These dogs have not lost their prey drive and anything with legs and a tail that crosses through the yard usually dies. They're not (maybe they are now) recognized by the AKC except as a coursing hound.
Out of all the breeds I've had this was the most impressive, most intelligent, most protective, and just all around beautiful dog. They come in four colors blue, red, black, and tan.
I had to break them, literally lay on top of them until they would give up if not they would have ruled the house.
These dogs were the best dogs ever never went to the bathroom in the house never tore anything up never chewed on anything but scared the hell out of all my friends. People used to tell me they just look mean.
I decided not to get any more because when we lost these last two it really tore me up.
I am not a softy and grew up with animals dying my entire life but I guess as I got older I became more attached we had these two dogs for about 13 years.

I most likely will not get another dog.

2012-08-03_17-23-49_59.jpg2012-07-19_17-34-19_94.jpg

I am not a softy and grew up with animals dying my entire life but I guess as I got older I became more attached we had these two dogs for about 13 years.

I most likely will not get another dog.
We've gone petless too. As you say, older and it's hard to get attached and then deal with the loss. There are also advantages. It's easier to travel.

We didn't realize just how much time our dogs took.
They went everywhere with us when we'd go to dinner they would sit in the back of the truck with the truck running one time I looked at my idle hours and I don't remember what it was but it was astronomical because everywhere we went they would stay in the truck and I would leave it running.
We didn't travel that much because as you say it was an issue, especially with these two dogs because people were so afraid of them...not many hotels welcomed us.

Those are neat looking dogs. I like the compact power and the short coats. They seem slick coated. Do they have an undercoat? What is their average weight and height?

th
: )

I've had lots of dogs the last 20 years. Every one was a stray someone threw out at my gate, usually starving and mangy. The exception was this one, that my niece and nephew gave us as a housewarming gift in '09 when it was a puppy. It grew and stayed with us for years, wandering the 124 ac and sometimes into the National forest that bordered our place. Fiercely loyal. Good with the livestock. Him on the left, one of our other dogs and 2 cats on a cold January day--heat lamp for night time:
dogscats.JPG
He liked to be in front of the fan in summer.
indydog3.jpg

One day, it and another of our adoptees wandered off and only the newer one returned. Found Indy a few days later down by a little pond on the North side of the property, with an injured hind end and couldn't walk. Evidently, hit by a car and managed to finally find his way close to home. Took him to the vet I always used for both dogs and cows and she told us he had hip and serious internal injuries she couldn't repair but he might regain use of his legs if we worked with him assuming he didn't develop any internal digestive injuries too but she would keep him there for a week or so. This coincided with the same week my brother died in Arkansas and I had to be away but the vet told me, 'whatever the bill is right now, that's all you'll pay' . When I returned, I picked him up and we worked with him, first walking along, carrying his weight in a big towel with his rear end supported and his back legs toddling along, trying to walk. A week or so later, I built a 'wheel chair' for him. Took a few adjustments to get it right but he was able to get around on his own. This one worked, but he tended to hit his rear paws on the wheels, which were right in line with front and rear legs. There's a white towel tied on the back just to keep him from sitting down.
indywalker2.jpg

This was much better, as I put 45° fittings to kick the wheels toward the outside some and extended the frame back so the wheels would be behind him. Wife and the dogs going for a walk.indywalker3.jpg.
He stayed in the walker/wheelchair for a while, slowly beginning to use his back legs more and more.
A week or so later, I carried him out to sit in the sun (he couldn't get up and down the 7 steps of the front porch well) , wife drove up and he jumped up and kinda half walked, half trotted over to her and he never needed the walker again. He could run almost aswell as before, but tired out quick.

He did well for over a month, almost back to full health but one morning I walked out and there was a pool of blood and it was coming from his back end. Called the vet and she told me likely he had a hemmorage which she had always feared and it was time to let him go. I did the deed myself and admit bawlin like a baby, throwin the rifle down when done.

It sucs when you have to shoot your own dog. Sometimes they're suffering will be prolonged and be anxious and afraid if you take them to the vet. I had a deal with my cousin down the road that we would shoot each others dogs if needed. It was needed one time because I couldn't.

Dog I've got now. She was the size of a loaf of bread. At the breeders she came three times and got in my lap so I put this collar on her to show she was taken.
100_0914.JPG
puppies.jpg
She's our guardian and friend, knows 30 commands we taught her. Best dog I ever had.
100_1271.JPG

Other pictures I like.
73528672_10158181185268465_8590877144047943680_n (1).jpg
gsd and cat.jpg

dogs-2.jpeg

I've got me the best two huntin' dogs there is! Bahaha!
The one on the right is on the left, and blablabla.

The fellow on the left can sniff out a biscuit. He likes gravy and enjoys a long walk along the pond bank, and we agree that ain't ordinarily special.

The one on the right can hear me anytime and anywhere, before I even hear myself. If I even think I'm going to slice a few chunks of summer sausage, she hears and smells it all before I escape the crap monster (recliner).

Dogs make me smile.0670B419-E3CC-45A1-B2AE-4181ADE90125.jpeg