Dog gone - Pic

Help Support CattleToday:

bullred

Reaction score
Second coyote killed in two weeks.
P1010216.jpg

any tips on geting them would be great...we have a few cows getting ready to calf

my sister ran over one the other night. she made me go make sure it wasnt somebody's dog. he had been eating good, nice and fluffy, pretty coyote.

Caustic Burno":2zs417zm said:
bullred are standing next to your pens? If so are between the grain elevator and hwy 90 cut off road.

Those are our pens, but my place is on FM 1724 about 2 miles north of I-10. That's actually my brother-in-law in the picture. We caught that coyote in a blind-set trap on the back of our place. We've got four traps set. Three are baited, and one is blind-set. Both coyotes we've gotten lately have been in the blind-set. He finished the deed with a shot between the eyes at about 50 yards with that .17 HMR.

We're doing it more for sport than need, cause I'm not too worried about coyotes with them tigerstripe mommas.

Dad shot a real mangey coyote yesterday morning. I bet it didn't weigh no more then 25 lbs. It was very skinny - very gross looking critter. 2nd one we've got that was ate up with mange, must be going around.

Our lab alerted my husband to a coyote in the pasture yesterday. He ran inside, got the rifle and ran back outside. He wanted to shoot it, but all of the 300 pound calves were chasing the thing to heck.

He said, "I just pictured trying to explain to you why I shot a calf when you got home." If I had been home, I'd taken a picture of that.

Good calves. :cboy:

Latest posts