Dog ever corner something and not leave?

Help Support CattleToday:

MRRherefords

Reaction score
Our Border Collie spotted a big ground hog out in the field the other day. Usually he is able to kill them pretty quickly, but this one was very large and feisty. They went back and forth, exchanging bites for a few hours until the groundhog let his guard down and our dog grabbed him by the neck and shook him to death. Very glad to get rid of another one of those darn varmints. :cboy:

Hope he didn't get scratched up too bad. Had one chase a groundhog up a basketball goal post one time, and he waited til the groundhog was give out and couldn't hold its grip anymore and slid down.

My right hand man trapped a yote under my flat bed trailer after ripping it to shreds. The yote went after my 12 year old weimaraner and Max saved him. Really impressed me I only had to tell max once to leave it and come to me so I could have an easy shot.

CaddoFarms":12vrb14u said:
My right hand man trapped a yote under my flat bed trailer after ripping it to shreds. The yote went after my 12 year old weimaraner and Max saved him. Really impressed me I only had to tell max once to leave it and come to me so I could have an easy shot.
Glad your dog listens like that! Our's just keeps circling it and I get the gun but am always afraid to take the shot on fear of hitting him.

MRRherefords":2m115ccy said:
CaddoFarms":2m115ccy said:
Glad your dog listens like that! Our's just keeps circling it and I get the gun but am always afraid to take the shot on fear of hitting him.

This is where a laser dot sight on your rifle helps. You can shoot from the hip and you are very aware of where your dog is. I use one on my 22 so when the dogs bale up a pig I can head shoot it knowing where my dogs are as opposed to peering down the tube of the sights. They do find them in amongst the trees most times and the shade is handy to help see the laser dot.

Ken

Latest posts