Does anyone watch what they eat?

Help Support CattleToday:

herofan

Reaction score
Ok, I don't mean extremes. I understand if a person has medical issues and has to watch what they eat, and I don't think any normal person goes around with a Bic Mac in one hand and a stick of butter in the other all the time.

I work where we eat in a cafeteria, and I just get tired of hearing everyone discuss their lunch every day. They often bring their own and talk about carbs and grams of fat. They pull things out of bags that look like shredded cardboard glued together. One woman brought something yesterday that looked like where she had thrown up in a tupperware bowl. She ate it with crackers; I'm sure it was super healthy. They bring stuff that looks like styrofoam chips and inform everyone where they found these low fat gems.

Personally, I just eat. If I want to eat a burger or steak, I eat it. If I want to eat some chips, I need real ones. If I want a soda, I need one like I drank as a kid, not something called "diet-zero-nothing-invisible".

like I said, I don't eat a Big Mac with a stick of butter and don't consider myself a junk-food junkie, but I just eat normal stuff. Anyone else, or am I in the minority.

You will find a small percentage who eat like you mentioned, but they can not stick to it and will soon go back to hogging out again. Like the people who loose weight soon go back to eating like they used to, food and sweets are like an additive drug, if you are off sweets and take one bite , it is like an alcoholic taking one drink, they go back to their old ways.

I am with you Hero. I "eat what I want" also. I enjoy food! (Probably to a fault.)
My grandma lived to be 98 and cooked everything in stored bacon grease. The medical studies are claiming now, that high cholesterol is caused by genetics and/or inflammation in the body. (Not so much fat in the diet as once thought.)
I do have a problem with carbs, and have to be careful with sweets. :oops:

Mostly eat like you describe. I like good food so not much fast food here and not big on fries so that's not an issue for me. Sure I could do better but I maintain a pretty consistent healthy weight and work to hard to not eat a pretty good amount everyday. Trying to work on my ice cream at night but good grief I love the stuff!

I try to keep my weight under control, but I do enjoy eating. Sweets are my weakness. I made a delicious apple pie today. I really love ice cream. I do not eat fast food. Lost my taste for French fries years ago. I think we should enjoy eating good food as long as we can. Brother-in-law has been a diabetic for years. Had to give up sweets. Now starts chemo next week. His appetite is gone already. Enjoy the foods you like, but in moderation as with anything else.

Williamsv":3664uock said:
Enjoy the foods you like, but in moderation as with anything else.
Too many don;t seem to follow that little tip. For me if it isn;t mostly meat it isn;t really eating.

Roasted chili's today. Ate a freshly roasted chili and cheese sandwich. Peppers were hotter than blazes so I watched myself eat 1/4 of a jar of peanutbutter and the same amt of Orange marmalade to put out the fire.........watched it all go down.

Will watch myself buy new wranglers if I don't knock this off soon.

If you're getting out there working cattle
you need to eat.

Might as well throw all the diet advice for 'normal' people out the window.
I get a glimpse of how the 'other side' live when I come home from a six or seven hour hard physical shift and get offered a bowl of veggies and water before heading out to do another shift. It's simply not sustainable if you're not mostly sedentary.

regolith":2ka4wkjb said:
If you're getting out there working cattle
you need to eat.

Might as well throw all the diet advice for 'normal' people out the window.
I get a glimpse of how the 'other side' live when I come home from a six or seven hour hard physical shift and get offered a bowl of veggies and water before heading out to do another shift. It's simply not sustainable if you're not mostly sedentary.

I agree 100%; if a person is doing anything, they have to have to eat more than a spinach leaf to maintain strength.

I'll always remember when I was younger and worked some carpentry work. If we were working close to town, we would often go to a little corner restaurant for lunch. I felt like I could eat a horse by lunch. I had to order meat, potatoes, etc., and decent portions. The office crowd would come in and get a salad, or as one guy used to order, "a half order of tuna on toast." :roll: I'd have fallen off the roof in 30 minutes if i had eaten those measly meals.

herofan":2q7u6wku said:
I'll always remember when I was younger and worked some carpentry work. If we were working close to town, we would often go to a little corner restaurant for lunch. I felt like I could eat a horse by lunch. I had to order meat, potatoes, etc., and decent portions. The office crowd would come in and get a salad, or as one guy used to order, "a half order of tuna on toast." :roll: I'd have fallen off the roof in 30 minutes if i had eaten those measly meals.
If I ate like that I wouldn;t fall off, I would JUMP!

I'm doing my best to stay on the low carb side of things. Found a ton of recipes and some are actually really good. Others didn't make it back to the recipe box. I've lost some weight doing this, but it's coming off slowly. I can eat a ton of meats and like BG said, there's new studies saying that's not really as bad as once thought.

I have discovered that spaghetti and butternut squash are really pretty good when prepared correctly.

i never watch what i eat or control the amount i eat.i eat meat and taters alot of sandwiches fast food when we go to town.i drink alot of soft drinks as they are all i drink.

I don't eat crap.

I don't like crap.

I don't serve guest crap.

I stay away from processed crap as much as possible without being a nut-job. I like a good burger, emphasis on good. I love good food. I do have to think about calories, and maybe carbs with my current level of physical activity.

I have to force myself to EAT MORE. I never miss breakfast as it's right after the breeding route so it's a built in part of the routine but lunch doesn't happen very often and dinner has a four hour window. My wife is pretty good about making whatever I eat much higher in calories than what the rest of the family eats. I start getting pretty run down after a few days of "normal" eating. I think that's why I drink so much beer, it's like an energy drink for me. Pure empty calories... :nod:

I watched two homemade biscuits, two eggs over easy and two slices of wrights thick sliced bacon. And then I made it disappear from sight. Magic on my part.

hurleyjd":25gua7qo said:
I watched two homemade biscuits, two eggs over easy and two slices of wrights thick sliced bacon. And then I made it disappear from sight. Magic on my part.

We don't always agree but on this subject I am wit ya!

I had frito's and chili for supper
Cornbread and a glass of water for breakfast.
Prolly a sammich for dinner and maybe a burger or sub for supper tonight
Hows that for healthy ?

Latest posts