Doctor removes a steel pin................

Help Support CattleToday:

Finally got it to load. :shock: I suspected something like this and this is why they won't be removing my pins!

Woo thats kinda painful for me to watch. One time I was having 2 pins removed from my hand. I wasn't put under just a shot of numbing juice. The first one came out pretty easy but the second one wouldn't come out. He was using pliers grabbing on and just pulling at this thing. After multiple attempts he said we would have to do it in surgery and put me under. Well I go in a week later to the surgery center we go through everything and they wheel me in the room. Before I was even put under he had my hand open and pulled one time with his pliers and that bugger came right out. He just showed it to me and said surgery over lol.

When my wife had six inch pins in all five of her toes I kept teasing her that I was going to save some money on doctors bills and pull them out with pliers at home. Her doctor told me, "you can if you want, that's how I do it." He wasn't kidding. I had to hold her leg down so he could yank harder and the only difference was that his pliers were fancier than any of mine.

I have a couple pins in my femur... they're probably staying there.. I've removed stitches from my eyebrow before.. that was fun...

I've found stitches to be overrated... I'm sure there's a few dozen times in my life when the medical profession would 'strongly recommend' getting something stitched.. most cases I wrap some teflon tape around it and get back to work.

Hubby had steel pins removed from his femur that had been in there for 20 years when he had a hip replacement. The surgery was supposed to take 45 minutes, it was more like 4 hours. Dr. admitted he like to never got those pins out, they were a kind he had never encountered before. It's pretty freaky how much hardware the human body can tolerate.

Latest posts