Doc Visit

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Saw bones told me yesterday that I am disabled, wanted to know if I needed a handicap sticker. I had just finished rebuilding 2800 foot run of fence, putting in a large garden, working the cows, reclaiming lumber from an old bridge, building a new drive through pole barn for the hateful hay bailer. This was all in the last 4 to 6 weeks.
I am sitting here stewing on it now, old yes, a little slower yes, more aches and pains yes, disabled no, thats when they pat that last shovel full of dirt in my face.

Hey, don't stew, have a good laugh. It's good for you health. :) Most of the people that has those stickers are out of their Caddies and into the store before I can get my chevy in park. But all joking aside take care.

CB they must think that since most old cattlemen move slow.that we are old an disabled.an in some cases they are right.but then again we look at things differant than drs do.we look at it like we can still do a full days work an we dont need them handicap tags.

bigbull338":2ea4jmda said:
CB they must think that since most old cattlemen move slow.that we are old an disabled.an in some cases they are right.but then again we look at things differant than drs do.we look at it like we can still do a full days work an we dont need them handicap tags.

May not need them but there are days when they sure would be nice to have.
My Doc keeps telling me to slow down. I told him I already have, don;t think he believes me though. He's a young welp, probably in his late 40's.

well dun i must confess to having the handicapp parking card.an have had it for a few years now.an the only reason that i have it is because im truely busted up.as well as slow walking.ive walked with a limp all my life.an the older i get the more it slows me down.nuff said on this subject.

bigbull338":2njbpcyc said:
well dun i must confess to having the handicapp parking card.an have had it for a few years now.an the only reason that i have it is because im truely busted up.as well as slow walking.ive walked with a limp all my life.an the older i get the more it slows me down.nuff said on this subject.

I limp and am half bent over most the time cause my back won;t straighten out so good most days.
The part that was funny (to me anyway) was when I had shoulder surgery they were going to give me a handicapped sticker. Since I rarely walk on my hands I didn;t see the point.

dang dun what in the heck has your saw bones been smoking.bad shoulder only bothers you lifting an toting feed on that shoulder.theres alot of morning my back dont want to straighten up either.guess its from all the years compensating for my bad leftside.but i keep going lots of things i cant do.an things i can do.just work at my own speed.

It's funny how some Dr.s are ready to hand out the "disabled" designation to everyone and insurance companies rarely find anyone that does.

Well boys I am one of you.

I still have days that I ache all over but a year or so ago i started two things that have given me a lot of relief.

Twice a day at about five and five......
along with all the other pills I have to take for old man diseases.....
I take two pills
One is an aleve.
The other is a supplement I get from walmart that has Glucosamine and Chondritin and MSM. Only the one with all three helps me at all.

It did not help overnight. It probably took a month before I noticed that a couple of my trouble spots were not so troublesome any more.

I get enough relief that I am religious about taking them twice a day now. Might not work for everybody but it has sure helped me a good bit.

I'm sitting here thinking I'm on my way out cause I gotta get a few teeth pulled!!Shame on me, cause I don't do half of what some you do.
My grand unle is 85 and amazes me to watch him cut hay, fix fence to all the things that needs to be done around his farm.Yes he needs alittle help,but for the most part he can get it done.
He always said if he doesn't work he thought he would die sooner just sitting around the house after he retired.

bigbull338":1ej0vy2b said:
dang dun what in the heck has your saw bones been smoking.bad shoulder only bothers you lifting an toting feed on that shoulder.theres alot of morning my back dont want to straighten up either.guess its from all the years compensating for my bad leftside.but i keep going lots of things i cant do.an things i can do.just work at my own speed.

City doctors. Same doc told a friend of mine after ankle surgery that he couldn;t walk for 6-8 weeks while it healed. He's a dairyman milking around 120 head with just one helper on the farm. Care to guess how long he didn;t walk?

pdfangus":1loqidl1 said:
Well boys I am one of you.

I still have days that I ache all over but a year or so ago i started two things that have given me a lot of relief.

Twice a day at about five and five......
along with all the other pills I have to take for old man diseases.....
I take two pills
One is an aleve.
The other is a supplement I get from walmart that has Glucosamine and Chondritin and MSM. Only the one with all three helps me at all.

It did not help overnight. It probably took a month before I noticed that a couple of my trouble spots were not so troublesome any more.

I get enough relief that I am religious about taking them twice a day now. Might not work for everybody but it has sure helped me a good bit.

Aleve, Tylenol, Motrin, none of them do anything for me. But I do take the G-C-M stuff, the only thing I can see it has done is allows me to AI again which I couldn;t do because of the arthiritis in the hands.
All of those aches and pains are just the souvineers and rewards for living long enough to acquire them.

Had a nerve conduction test last week if you ever get invited to one of these parties decline the invitation.
I got hot shoted from head to toe and was hotter then a Brimmer bull when I got off that table.
Then the MRI which was nothing. Found two herniated disc in the neck which is causing things to lock up once in a while. Doc said stay off the tractor that is not happening either, have to go see a neurogolist on May 8th.

"Aleve, Tylenol, Motrin, none of them do anything for me. But I do take the G-C-M stuff, the only thing I can see it has done is allows me to AI again which I couldn;t do because of the arthiritis in the hands.
All of those aches and pains are just the souvineers and rewards for living long enough to acquire them."

Well, all I can say is that Tylenol or aspirin or motrin had never helped me with anything. If I had bad enough headach, BC powder was my ticket. Never took anything for the bones till the doctor suggested the Aleve.

I started the aleve and the G-C-M all at the same time and like I said it took a month or so. I don't know what helped, so I keep taking both and the Dr. says that is the thing to do. He also says take more if needed.

pdfangus":2a7ym0lp said:
I started the aleve and the G-C-M all at the same time and like I said it took a month or so. I don't know what helped, so I keep taking both and the Dr. says that is the thing to do. He also says take more if needed.[/color]

I take Aleve by the handfull multiple times a day, at least it makes me feel like I'm doing something. Doesn;t do any good that I can tell, other then keeping the wife from yapping "Have you taken anything for it yet?"

My Mother-in-law drinks joint juice everyday for her bad knees. She says it takes a week before you feel a difference. She buys it at Sams but it might be at your local grocer.

Walt

Latest posts