Do you like to ride western or english?

Help Support CattleToday:

Do you like to ride western or english?

• Western

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • English

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've been known to have horses around me spook and bolt when I start to post. :eek: :eek:

Alan

I rode western for 7 years, but had been intrigued with dressage even during that time. I finally reached a point in my life where I could afford to learn from a good instructor, and I've thrown myself 100% into the english style of riding. I love the light saddle, and the contact and harmony I reach with this discipline.

I ride english, hunter jumper and fox hunting, but occassionally I ride western. I feel closer to the horse in an english saddle.

You can bury me with a Western saddle and I will be quite comfortable. I personally can't stand the site of English saddles. When I see guy's on them I think wimp, gay, girly boy, well you get the idea.

When I see girls on them I think, too much money in that family, she would look better in tight Levi's and cowboy boots than spandex and patent leather.

Then again that's just me. :lol:

1st - - Horses - Western 90% I'm a cowboy
2nd - - English 5% Just so I know How
3rd- - - Harness Race Horses 5% Long story

Women (All Breeds) 200% Silly Question - See #1
:cboy: No :help: Needed ;-)

When I see girls on them I think, too much money in that family, she would look better in tight Levi's and cowboy boots than spandex and patent leather.

lol...trust me, I don't have a lot of money. But I like myself a lot better in a pair of nice breeches and tall boots than Levis and cowboy boots. :D

If I am training a horse I do my work in a dressage saddle, if I need a horse to work cattle I will put a western saddle on for obvious reasons. The dressage saddle is made more for training and has less stuff in the way, the western saddle is more of a utility saddle for specific jobs, eventhough many people use them exclusively for everything, just depends on how efficient you want to be a what level of training you are doing.

Western or English really depends and what kind of work you are doing with your horse.
I generally ride english, becasue that's how I've always ridden and jumping is really uncomfortable, I find, in a western saddle. Personally, I like english better becasue there is more contact with the horse and I find it more of an acomplishment to stay in an english saddle. They are also waay lighter and are heaps easier to carrying around...

Latest posts