Do not like NFL OT Rules

Help Support CattleToday:

Coosh71

Reaction score
First let me say this... Not a big fan of either KC or NE. Why would the NFL think it's good entertainment to see 2 teams score equal points to go into OT, all to see one team not even have a chance to get their offense on the field. To me it robbed a great game of a great finish. Just my opinion.

So many opportunities for that game to go either way! I don't care about either team but I had predicted KC to win even though my better judgement told me to never guess against tom Brady so I wasn't real happy with the way it turned out

Coosh71":5lymmz7w said:
First let me say this... Not a big fan of either KC or NE. Why would the NFL think it's good entertainment to see 2 teams score equal points to go into OT, all to see one team not even have a chance to get their offense on the field. To me it robbed a great game of a great finish. Just my opinion.

I'm with you. Both teams should be able to handle the ball.

slick4591":3211x5em said:
jltrent":3211x5em said:
It want matter ten years from now anyway.........

Will that be because of the pussification of the game and loss of fan interest?

That is a good statement.....and correct IMO. Sports peaked in the 70's, 80's, early 90's,since then it is more a business than actual sport, and the rules take away. It would not surprise me if all Pro sports don't head down the same path as Nascar in the near future.

jltrent":2bv6b1wq said:
slick4591":2bv6b1wq said:
jltrent":2bv6b1wq said:
It want matter ten years from now anyway.........

Will that be because of the pussification of the game and loss of fan interest?

That is a good statement.....and correct IMO. Sports peaked in the 70's, 80's, early 90's,since then it is more a business than actual sport, and the rules take away. It would not surprise me if all Pro sports don't head down the same path as Nascar in the near future.

I'm not sure if it's a "pussification" of sports, the same teams winning all the time or even the rules causing the game to be "boring." I think it's rather a case of lack of participation on the part of the fan. I think we're raising a generation that would rather be involved with something than watch someone else do it, even if it means playing video games and being the star. As absurd as that sounds to some, I think it really resonates with kids. Also, at $150+ who the heck can afford to go to these games?

Esports are the fastest growing sport right now, and there is no sign of slowing.
Wouldn't be surprised if in the near future, Madden 20XX finals has more viewers than the super bowl.

Latest posts