Do Horseshoes Bring Good Luck or Bad?

Help Support CattleToday:

Williamsv

Reaction score
I was by the side of the fence this afternoon where I always stand to give the calves a treat. I just happened to look down and see an old rusty horseshoe . I was so thrilled to find it. I thought at once that good luck would be coming my way. Also, I knew that it had belonged to my granddaddy. So I just had to retrieve it.
My husband was out in the pasture, but I would not wait for him to come and get it. I walked over to a wooded area to get a long stick to use to rake it under the fence so I could reach it. The next thing I knew I was on the ground. I had tripped on an old piece of barbed wire. Thank goodness no one saw me hit the ground. The calves just stood and stared with a worried look knowing I was not supposed to be down there.
I managed to get up and get my horseshoe. Guess all the rains we have had washed it up. But it did not bring good luck, only a hard fall. Oh well,maybe the good luck is on the way!

When we bought the ranch I noticed a couple horseshoes nailed to one of the old outbuildings but they were nailed upside down; I had always heard that's when the good luck runs out. Got hit by either a tornado or straight line winds (nobody seems to know for sure) a couple years later and that's the only part of the entire barnyard that didn't have substantial damage. Sending good luck and a happy Thanksgiving :)

Well by golly.....you fell down and the only thing bruised was your pride.....nothing broken. You got up and walked away. Maybe while you were on the ground you got missed by that atomic particle that wanted to split your head open....perspective. :D

Latest posts