disposition of heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

B&M Farms

Reaction score
I just weaned 8 heifers to keep as replacements. They are out of brangus cows and hereford bull. One heifer is out of the wildest cow i have. The cow is a really good cow, just acts more like a deer. Funny thing is this heifer is the tamest one out of the bunch. So much for inherited dispositions.

I had a char heifer once, as a yearling calm and gentle. Called her baby. Then something happened, craziest cow on the place til she took a trip to town.

B&M Farms":2yjedlbf said:
I just weaned 8 heifers to keep as replacements. They are out of brangus cows and hereford bull. One heifer is out of the wildest cow i have. The cow is a really good cow, just acts more like a deer. Funny thing is this heifer is the tamest one out of the bunch. So much for inherited dispositions.

That would buy her a ticket to the barn here. In my youth I would put up with some foolishness not any more.
I apply ruthless culling.

we have one like that her mom is crazy #26 and will get you when you are working her calf, she will lift the 4-wheeler off the ground. every year we say she has got to go!! she is still here ?? her heifer has her first calf and will walk up to you and let you touch her, came from the sire he was that way a hereford with a good disposition.

Caustic Burno":2wgtkody said:
B&M Farms":2wgtkody said:

That would buy her a ticket to the barn here. In my youth I would put up with some foolishness not any more.
I apply ruthless culling.

i agree i would send the wild ones to town as well and i am still in my youth. they dont bother me but the chance one day my wife would be around or my boy grow up and go out there someday would be the reasons i would chose not to have them wild ones around at all.

Latest posts