Dish Network internet service

Help Support CattleToday:

Texas PaPaw

Reaction score
Anyone use dish for their internet service?

What is the cost?

How fast?

How satisfied are you with it overall.

How reliable?

Any other comments?

Thanks in advance.

we have wildblue sat internet.an its real good rarely ever gose off due to the weather or any down time.an as far as i know dish offers wildblue as their internet.an yes its fast.an thats what matters.

My Dad used Hughes - I would stay away from it. It has the weather issue like most satellite systems. It was not fast enough to watch streaming video. But the real kick in the teeth was the data limit. When you hit the limit it slowed down to being unusable for any purpose. I think the limit was over a month's period and it reset every month. It wasn't much data either. He hit the wall when he got a new PC and needed to do a bunch of updates.

You can bump up the data limit, for a price.

I really feel for folks that the only choice is satellite. You might look at a cell carrier, they have come a long way in providing cellular hot spots. Neither are as good as cable or even DSL, but then some have no choice because of where they live.

Tried HughesNet for a while and just never liked it. Been using Verizon Wireless for last couple of years and been satisfied. It too gets slow at time just like the others.

I hate DISH. I've been very unsatisfied in my Sat. TV dealings with them.
I wouldn't put them in charge of my Internet.
My ISP has offered what they call "wireless broadband" for about 5 yrs. It's way better than "dial-up" but it doesn't approach the satellites for download speed. They (the ISP) sub for a satellite service called "Excede" and the word in the corn fields is that we'll all be "pushed" in that direction soon.
There seems to be real competition among the satellite services. Free installation where they used to want $300 or more. Still plenty expensive.

My particular company experience won't be of any use to you but in the context of the other options available to those in urban centers here, satellite broadband is expensive, slow, has a tiny data cap for the price and fades out when there's heavy rain at either end - I'm at one end of the country, the provider is at the other, so I can be sitting here with a clear sky and no signal if things are stormy where they are. However, it beats dial-up hands down for upload speed (I send a lot of photos off for magazine publication) and I love having the phone line free, instead of always tied up for the hours I needed to be on-line. I don't get many calls, but you can bet I'd always miss the important ones. When there's no other option, it's still better than not having it. Fortunately I do enough work on-line to pay for it.

You might check a company called Skybeam, suppose to have faster speed than hughesnet or dish and no download limits.

Still fresh in my mind.

I think Dish network is a predatory company.

I came from CA. I had AT&T U-verse for our TV service. We could record 3 shows while watching another. But of course, AT&T has so many other problems I wanted to get away from them.

Then we moved to Oregon. Dish net work seemed to be our only option because of line-of-site issues. You have to sign a 2 year contract. They provide a recorder box. Not really sure what good it is. We were able to watch TV in 2 rooms. One in our bedroom and one in the Livingroom for the kids.

You have to give them a credit card number for service and auto pay (Which is all they offer). The problem? We could not record a show and watch on the same TV. They recommended that we take a show on our bedroom TV and go our to the living room if we wanted to watch a different show at the same time. HUH?

They finished installation on Friday and I cancelled on Saturday or Sunday. They wanted me to pay $25 per month left on the 2 year contract to cancel my service.

I cancelled my credit card (re-issued new card) and immediately filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau. Long story short, once they figured out I had cancelled my credit card and got some heat through the BBB, they "decided" to allow me out of my contract. It only took a month or two to get rid of them.

PS: They don't even want their brand new satellite dish back. Of course that is good for advertising purposes. I took it down and will find a use for it later.

Anyone but Dish Network.

I have not tried the internet but have had Dish for 8 years upgraded to the hopper this year you can set 5 shows to record and it records all prime time show automatically and when you rewatch them it will skip commercials. we very seldom watch live TV everything is recorded to watch at our convenience in any room so I can skip commercials.

we too have Dish Network and DishNet internet. I think they over sell the internet service. I ordered their best internet package (most data and fastest download speeds) and it's difficult to stay patient with the video downloads...but everything else is okay..not super!!

It's basically HughesNet internet....

I had Dish they sucked went to Direct TV a lot better tv services and I have hughes net they are expensive and have to many limits if I found someone better I would switch but all I can get out here is sat internet

Cussin' Gus":2j3me7fa said:
You might check a company called Skybeam, suppose to have faster speed than hughesnet or dish and no download limits.

That's who I am using.

Latest posts