Disgusting!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
I was going out to feed chickens this morning and went to put on my rubber boots as usual. We keep them on the back porch next to the woodpile. Well, I put in one foot and felt something balled up at the toe, like a sock. I cautiously reached in and felt something - furry. :eek:

Well, I looked down in there and saw a LONG TAIL. OMG, it was a RAT!!!! :help:

I folded the top over the boot to seal him up inside there and got Steve, who was no help. I guess there was little he could do. He was on top of the house at the time. So I found my dog Coletrane and let him smell what was inside, then I let the rat out and Cole caught him slicker than snot! :clap:

I heaped much praise on my new hero as he carried said rat away in jaws to wherever he carries his quary.

I had a rat in my boot!!!! Oh gross. I gotta be more careful.

Good thing he didn't bite you. That would really scare me. Worst thing I've had is a toad in my boot.

I've had a grasshopper in my boot, and I had my bare feet in them...it just hopped in while i was walking, and then i felt something break and ooze onto my foot....that to me is disgusting!

Lammie, maybe you should make it a habit of banging your boots before you put them on, like hold em upside down and bang them together, I always do that whenever i have shoes, boots, or rubber boots outside for a while, sure helps get those dang spiders, flies, even mice out in a hurry.

Fred":3vbx69j0 said:
Good thing he didn't bite you. That would really scare me. Worst thing I've had is a toad in my boot.

Yes, I am kind of amazed he didn't bite me. I think he was asleep in there. He came to life when I dumped him out, though. I hate rats. He was big, too.

i cannot even describe the reaction i would have if i found a rat in my boot. or anything for that fact. where the heck is that puke emoticon...

i always check my boots before i put them on. for that reason exactly.

I think I am gonna have Steve make us a rack to hang our boots upside down. I will keep them from being such a mess and it will keep things out of them. I have had them get rain water in them, as well. There are three pairs, and William Henry and I wear the same size right now so he tends to leave them wherever and I have to pick them up. This one was sideways. And since William Henry always has mine on, I thought he did leave a sock in there.

At least he was still. If he would have jumped when I put my hand in there I would have died.

I always knock my boots on my hand, even house slippers. Scorpions love shoes.
I stuck my foot in my boot one time years ago and a scorpion nailed me on the big toe.
Now i'm here to tell you that really smarts.
Knocked a black widow spider out of my rubber boots one time.

Cal

Calman":1ns8ev8r said:
I always knock my boots on my hand, even house slippers. Scorpions love shoes.
I stuck my foot in my boot one time years ago and a scorpion nailed me on the big toe.
Now i'm here to tell you that really smarts.
Knocked a black widow spider out of my rubber boots one time.

Cal

I have been stung several times by scorpions in my childhood. They were always in the house and we stepped or sat on them. I remember it as a burning pain. Like a wasp sting multiplied twenty times.

john250":22y1xxcm said:
My worst fear. I could shrug off a snake, but a rat in my boot would be a cardiac moment.

John, the only reason I didn't die right then is because he was so still. And for a moment I thought he might be a mole. We have those everywhere and I thought maybe he'd crawled into the boot and gotten stuck. I remember asking myself if moles had tails like that, and then it dawned on me that it was a rat.

Heard people talk about putting a scorpion and a tarantula in a glass jar and watching the fight.
Said the tarantula won every time.
Never tried it. Don't have the nerve to pick either one up and put in a jar.

Cal

My MIL went to feed the cats and put her hand in the bag only to "pet" a nice fat opossum. We still laugh about that one.

iowahawkeyes":1cvgkz4t said:
My MIL went to feed the cats and put her hand in the bag only to "pet" a nice fat opossum. We still laugh about that one.

Yes, I keep my layer pellets in a 55 gallon drum and I found a raccoon in there once. I don't know who he got the lid off. I guess they have thumbs. He couldn't get back out for some reason.

I have also scooped up mice in horse feed. And reached for snakes while gathering eggs. I guess the animals like me.

cattleluvr18":23yhdwue said:
i cannot even describe the reaction i would have if i found a rat in my boot. or anything for that fact. where the heck is that puke emoticon...

i always check my boots before i put them on. for that reason exactly.
Here it is.
vomit_emoticon.gif

When I worked for a soda delivery company, I found a possum in one of the bays in the truck. I showed a couple of co-workers, and after a few minutes we all decided that we needed to suprise our boss with it. We would have to have our trucks counted before we left the yard, and I opened all the doors exept the possum one. We all kinda gathered by my truck when the boss got to the door that was still down and waited for him to open it. I don't think I ever seen an old man run that fast. We all almost died laughing. That definelty was the talk for the next few weeks.

Stuck my hand in an oven mitt once as a small mouse was coming out. That scared the crap outa me! Till this day I still shake the oven mitts before I put them on.

csutton":2rn18xhl said:
When I worked for a soda delivery company, I found a possum in one of the bays in the truck. I showed a couple of co-workers, and after a few minutes we all decided that we needed to suprise our boss with it. We would have to have our trucks counted before we left the yard, and I opened all the doors exept the possum one. We all kinda gathered by my truck when the boss got to the door that was still down and waited for him to open it. I don't think I ever seen an old man run that fast. We all almost died laughing. That definelty was the talk for the next few weeks.

Stuck my hand in an oven mitt once as a small mouse was coming out. That scared the crap outa me! Till this day I still shake the oven mitts before I put them on.

Good one.

We had a bobtail truck at MHMR and we found a python that someone had lost and had crawled up in the box. Our maintenance supervisor was spraying bug killer on it, like that was going to do something... We finally had animal control come out and get it. It wasn't that big, but everyone freaked about it. I am sure the poor snake was scared, as well.

Had a mouse run up the inside of my pant leg while tipping bales to feed. Husband was laughing and his dog was chasing me to get the mouse.
Love living in the country, can drop your pants anywhere and not have to worry about what the neighbors think.

YEP disgusting.
vomit_emoticon.gif
...I had a nasty shock with a spider in the boots at camp, now I fill them at the top with paper and turn the top and peg them, so nothing can get inside and hang them upside down if possible. can't be to careful in my book.