Disgusting find

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
I have a roll of 1 1/2 inch diameter poly pipe that had one end cur the other still had the stopper in it. Since that was the end that was handiest I cut about a foot off the end with the stopper. I was engulfed by a horrible smell. Pull the stopper out of the end and a half liquified mouse fell out. I guess he went in the open end and couldn;t trun around or back out when he hit th stopper. I threw it in the burn barrel but the milk parlor still stinks to high heavens.

Had a similar deal a month or so ago. The guys got a roll of 1inch air hose out off the shop. They hooked up a Jackhammer and went at it. Suddenly the jackhammer gets thrown down and everyone spreads out real fast. I walk down the hill to see what the commotion is about. I get hit with the rotten smell. A quick investigation, and what's left of mouse/mice is found running down the side of the jackhammer. They had gotten blown through the hose. Run through the jackhammer and blown out the exhaust port in a fine mist.

Nothing worst that a dead possum or mouse dying between the walls of the house, smell gets in AC vents and spreads all over house. Smell is so diffused the location of the dead varmint can not be located. Only good is company don't over stay their visit. :hide:

The most awful smell i ever experienced in my life was a rotten Emu egg. We had a couple of Emus once, and the eggs were large and a hunter green in color, so we would drain some of the eggs to keep around.

Apparently, we had one that had been around a long time, but I didn't know it. I got the drill, and when I started drilling the egg, it exploded. I can't even describe the smell. Even though I did it outside, the smell lingered in that area for several days.

herofan":k6nxmn0h said:
The most awful smell i ever experienced in my life was a rotten Emu egg. We had a couple of Emus once, and the eggs were large and a hunter green in color, so we would drain some of the eggs to keep around.

Apparently, we had one that had been around a long time, but I didn't know it. I got the drill, and when I started drilling the egg, it exploded. I can't even describe the smell. Even though I did it outside, the smell lingered in that area for several days.

I found two dead chicken snakes that had eaten some rotten eggs my chickens had hidden. Both snakes had the nasty smelling yolk coming out their mouths. Don't know if it was the poison that killed the snakes or the exploding egg. Nasty nasty smell. I hurled during disposal.

When I was a kid the old house had settled down so low it was impossible to crawl under, the chickens would lay eggs under the house, in the heat of the summer about mid evening the rotten eggs would explode, the smell would linger through the out the house, we did not have electricity to have fans to blow the smell out, we just accepted the smell as part of life.

Funny stories... Neighbors place who we had to pass to get home had a smell that kept getting worse during one hot summer the neighbor thought one of his cows had died somewhere ... NOPE... that's when he found a car that had went over an embankment and the 2 passengers were killed and they were there 2 weeks before getting found.

skyhightree1":28ll520h said:
... NOPE... that's when he found a car that had went over an embankment and the 2 passengers were killed and they were there 2 weeks before getting found.

Yup, that's the worst odor, in my opinion. Been there,it wasn't pretty, any of the times.

Exploded rotten swan eggs can be pretty ripe! :lol2:

I don't think Sky's can be beat, but here's a couple. For my folks, when I was a kid my cousins and sisters and I all went skating on a frozen pond.... Ah, the manure pond..... We got about four feet into the house when we were ushered out. Try getting hosed off in your underwear when it's snowing and in the twenties.

For me it's maggots, just seeing them turns my stomach. I can handle about anything else other then a dead person

My buddy knows a guy who does scrap salvage.. he had a lot of interest in a 5th wheel trailer that looked like new.. until people found the same thing Sky was talking about.. a guy was living in it, had a heart attack or something and died.. and it took about 2 weeks until he was found.. and it was in the 100's for those 2 weeks.. ain't no getting that smell out.

I've kinda gotten used to pulling afterbirth out.. it's certainly not pleasant by any stretch of the imagination, but I get through it.

Heard a couple stories but will not share those.

A dead skunk on the side of the road in 100+ heat for 3 days. Could not get that smell out of my nose for a few days. Was working with a paving crew at that time.

Funniest one was hubby shooting a skunk in the shed we stored the baler in and me making him strip to his BVD's in the front lawn and hosing him off! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Jogeephus":2vhk4ynb said:
I guess you know that free range possum has more omega 3 fat than pen raised.

And I wouldn't eat it unless that was certified all natural, no preservatives, hormone-free dog food.

dun":3pmp43qt said:
I have a roll of 1 1/2 inch diameter poly pipe that had one end cur the other still had the stopper in it. Since that was the end that was handiest I cut about a foot off the end with the stopper. I was engulfed by a horrible smell. Pull the stopper out of the end and a half liquified mouse fell out. I guess he went in the open end and couldn;t trun around or back out when he hit th stopper. I threw it in the burn barrel but the milk parlor still stinks to high heavens.

You should hook up with CG8 and get a patent on the new mouse trap you invented.

Latest posts