disgusted

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
We have been letting my son drive our farm truck to school, we paid the year rate for him to park in their lot. last Friday he comes home and says some A-rod delinquent at the school keyed the letter K, on our tailgate. They tried 3 times to, 2 false attempts and then the letter K, down to the bare metal. Really disgusts me, as we have driven that truck all over, its not a beater either, a Ford F250 a 99 with low miles on it, pretty sharp, and ya think it would be safe in a school parking lot. My son, doesn't want me to contact the school and give my name, as he doesn't want to be called down to the office. He said he thinks its someone who may be jealous of the vehicle. i say-what is with these kids? no respect for other peoples property. i did write to the Principal, anonomously, telling her what happened, no names, and that I was disgusted. We aren't gonna turn it ina s a claim, because hello, nowadays, any claim=higher insurance premiums, and with a new teen on the insurance its expensive enough.

I'd love to find out who did it though, not sure what I would do-but it does burn....

GMN

damaging someones property, or vehicle is just plain chicken sht.. if i got something againts you...... you gonna know it, and not have to wonder

I'd go talk to the principal in person. There might be a camera pointed in that direction, there's more of them out there than you think.

If you would like for it to remain in confidence, then just tell the principal. But I see no reason to keep it hushed.

cfpinz":3kolrlk5 said:
I'd go talk to the principal in person. There might be a camera pointed in that direction, there's more of them out there than you think.

If you would like for it to remain in confidence, then just tell the principal. But I see no reason to keep it hushed.

I'm not keeping it hushed, but as we are just gonna fix the damage ourselves, I wouldn't want the school taking pics, and getting things complicated either.

GMN

Not actively trying to find out who did it and not reporting it to the school is equally as chicken **** as the act itself....if you ask me. No offense intended

What does the letter K stand for.

At our local high school their pick ups put my vehicle to shame. Everyone pretty much has a brand new, loaded one .. :? Maybe a teacher or parent keyed it :shock: ,,

I'd sure investigate that a little further. Sounds to me like there may be more involved in that little deal than meets the eye.

Our nephew had his tires slashed on his vehicle parked at school. Parents called, went to principal, security camera's showed who done it. That kid(or his parents) paid for the damages.

It is whole new society we are now dealing with, my first thought was to find out who did it , to pay for their actions. My second thought was in our area you do not know who you are dealing with because gangs are growing in number, drive-by shooting and killings mean nothing to them because they are not caught. Last week in our little town in central Tx. we had a Mexican Mob member killed, last year 2 high school students killed in a drug deal gone bad. the police are called several times a week to the schools for unrulely students. Are you dealing with one person or a gang that could end with bad results??

I used to walk to the door to get my daughter from school.
I walked back to our '05 F-350 and someone had written "B*tch" down the side of our truck on the dirt. It had to be buffed out.
No longer leave my truck, daughter walks to where I park.

Ok it is on school property. Go talk to the principle. Go report it to the police.
It is an act of vandalism and needs to treated as such.

yes I did report what happened to my truck. No idea if it was done by a student or even a parent. No cameras there, but the students did get a talking to about touching someone elses's property and writing nasty names on it.

That sucks, someone keyed my truck at work a week ago. Really pisses you off.

I would try to find out more about the situation, too. There might be some drama your kid is involved with that you want to know about. And if there are security cameras or the one who did it gets to braggin and the grapevine tells the tale, they should be held responsible for what they did.

I know I'm getting older when I catch myself saying "these kids today"! But it really does seem like respect is not getting instilled in a lot of these kids anymore. Respect for themselves included.

Latest posts