Disappointed

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Got a large bunch of mixed birds this year. Picked up chicks at the local feed store. Had Guineas , turkeys, laying pullets and eating chickens.
Heard the dogs barking yesterday went out to see what the problem was, there was one of my young turkeys in the yard. Looked to the shed where the chicks are kept and there is one of my eating birds standing there. Both were alive.
Grabbed them both and found the door to their shed was open :shock:
Went inside and found my 3 geese and a few more birds there, less then half of what I had. :(
Started looking around and found that a large group of them had piled up behind the starter tank I keep in there. I know my barn cats ate some.
Just really disappointing.

It was shut. What I missed seeing was the metal plate that is opposite the door knob had lost one of the screws holding it. So when the wind hit, it just blew the door right open. Husband got 3" long screws and fixed it. Just another breezy day here. :lol2: ;-)
Another turkey and a layer showed up this morning. Got both before the cats found them.
Had all the turkeys marked for Thanksgiving and all the eating birds were spoken for by both my family and friends who wanted some "real" chickens.
Now I got to start over again. *sigh* :?

Ordered 50 more eating birds this morning. Now I need to find some more turkeys.

I'm about ready to get out of the bird business. Nasty hateful things...

What I like is to eat the mean ones. :D
Got 10 ducklings today. Have 50 chickens, 30 guineas, 15 turkeys, and 30 pheasants coming next month. :D
I can hardly wait til they get here.

Lammie":2fac7ved said:
I'm about ready to get out of the bird business. Nasty hateful things...
Ain't that the truth! Those meat birds are real cute for about a day than turn just plain gross....crawling all over your hands when your trying to feed them.....what goes in comes out in what seems like double the volume....ish!

I luv herfrds":2fac7ved said:
What I like is to eat the mean ones. :D
Got 10 ducklings today. Have 50 chickens, 30 guineas, 15 turkeys, and 30 pheasants coming next month. :D
I can hardly wait til they get here.
And not long after that you will hardly be able to wait for butchering day! ;-)

Latest posts