diet

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
i may have to put Camo on a diet.
he had been under fed when igot him so i was feeding him a little rice bran and total equine.
i quit the rice bran but he is still putting on weight, probably needs more exercise.
junhead2sept192012.jpg

It's hard to get a horse back down once they get their weight up. That grass is probably more to blame than the total equine. I would limit his time on grass before I would cut out the total equine. I've seen that horse on here before. I like a gray. Wonder how many more years before it starts dulling?

He looks great. I wouldn't worry about the extra weight going into winter. I forget how old he is. I have a grey mare who became almost completely white by 15.

She would get lighter every spring after shedding her winter coat. Her mane and tail are still pretty dark.

cross_7":nyeclm6o said:
i may have to put Camo on a diet.
he had been under fed when igot him so i was feeding him a little rice bran and total equine.
i quit the rice bran but he is still putting on weight, probably needs more exercise.
junhead2sept192012.jpg
Put him on nothing but grass and/or hay. An inactive horse doesn't need a feed bag. If he's still a little underweight let him put the remainder on slowly.

TennesseeTuxedo":2v12z29c said:
Nice to things so green out your way cross_7.

thanks
we had an early freeze so it aint so green anymore though, but it did help with the mosquitos

Nice looking horse. He doesn't look bad. I agree with winter setting in soon he'll that little extra. Be careful what kind of horse feed you give him during the winter so he doesn't lose to much.

horsefeed":x0oh5x9a said:
Nice looking horse. He doesn't look bad. I agree with winter setting in soon he'll that little extra. Be careful what kind of horse feed you give him during the winter so he doesn't lose to much.

Just give him more hay. Filling a horse up with calories that will not be burned exercising will make him look like me. :lol:

Latest posts