*dies at the price of longhorn chutes*

Help Support CattleToday:

This have been discussed a few times and that chute was poised recently in this forum. There were some comments from folks running longhorns.

For me personally, I would use a medina gates in lieu of that chute for horned cattle. I don't like the looks or operation of that system and it looks like a train wreck.

If you will search the previous postings on this subject, TxBobcat has posted pictures of his medina gate system. I like it. It seems much more practical and user friendly for cattle medical administration.

I have a normal headgate and chute for polled cattle I work. There is a medina gate at the chute entry. There are times I do practically everything in the medina without putting the cows in the headgate.

TagandKiss":3hnt67ur said:
ok, thanks i kinda look for other post but not to hard my bad :oops:

No problem at all. Actually I am appreciative of people who get equipment to care for their cattle. Too many folks have cattle and no means to care for them. Not even loading chutes. All I am suggesting is that rather than throw away a bunch of nickels on that system you are looking at, consider the medina gates. I think they would work better.

This subject comes up frequently. If you hadn't asked, I wouldn't have been able to point you to TXBobcat's pictures.

I,ve always been the type of person that did not feel the need to go out and purchase high dollar equipment when I could make do with with what I have or build what I need. Unless one is a full time rancher or has a fairly large operation some of this equipment is just not ecnomical to buy.
I have always credited farmers and ranchers as being multi skilled. The ability to build or repair almost anything that comes up.
Buy a cracker box welder, learn to weld, DIY. Do a lot of googleing, build what you want and don,t worry about price to buy. Oh I forgot, you must learn to think.

Latest posts