Did you kow....

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Did you know if a pack of dogs lose their leader they will unbunch and go in all different directions?

Its after 5 here so I'm going to do the SSS thing. Shoot, Sit and Sip and let the buzzards feast tomorrow.

One more pitbull bit the dust this afternoon. Don't know where they are coming from but I'll keep shooting as long as they keep messing with the cows.

Stack em up. I was checking cows yesterday morning on my way to the first job. Drive through the place to see all the calves bunched up. One of the adjoining land owners precious chow was sneaking up on them. It took a dirt nap courtesy of the 22 mag.

I don't car if its an ankle biter. I am done with dogs. If my dog strays and gets shot, i understand. I work hard to keep him "in the gate" he knows that phrase, even though he goes out the gate. He just wants to go invesrigate, but he is not allowd.

I don't like shooting dogs and I will give them the benefit of the doubt if it looks like they are just passing through and have a collar on them. In the last six months I've had three nice sized calves die in weird ways. I think I posted about these. One was missing its tail and another had injuries to its hind quarter. This pack of pitbulls are most likely someone's hog dogs and they are out just doing what they are taught to do. They are somewhat pitiful creatures but that's par for the course cause some of these hog hunters view their dogs as expendible. I know there are exceptions but these aren't.

Had a stranger come easing by yesterday on a fourwheeler going real slow like he was looking for something. Thought for a minute I should have shovelled rather than sat and sipped but he never saw the buzzard buffet I left the birds. About an hour after he was gone I dropped the second one. Just four more to go and I'll be dog-free.

Jogeephus":3rqan90x said:
I don't like shooting dogs and I will give them the benefit of the doubt if it looks like they are just passing through and have a collar on them. In the last six months I've had three nice sized calves die in weird ways. I think I posted about these. One was missing its tail and another had injuries to its hind quarter. This pack of pitbulls are most likely someone's hog dogs and they are out just doing what they are taught to do. They are somewhat pitiful creatures but that's par for the course cause some of these hog hunters view their dogs as expendible. I know there are exceptions but these aren't.

Had a stranger come easing by yesterday on a fourwheeler going real slow like he was looking for something. Thought for a minute I should have shovelled rather than sat and sipped but he never saw the buzzard buffet I left the birds. About an hour after he was gone I dropped the second one. Just four more to go and I'll be dog-free.

Sounds like that 260 is really paying it's way! :tiphat:

3-Way, I'm using my beater rifle I keep on the floor of the truck for these and its a 22-250. It don't look like much but she and I have spent some time together and I've only missed once with it and it was one of those WTF shots that I took just because.

I hate shooting them too , but I really do not know why anyone would own a livestock killer like a pit bull when they live in an ag area unless they have a really small penis and/or are doing alot of illegal crap like dealing drugs . Those dogs show up here and they are a dead dog .

I have friends that own Rottweilers or pit bulls etc and they are house dogs , not off roaming around in a pack doing whatever the h@ll they like . Big difference .

My neighbors learned really quick, a stray gets shot pretty fast here and I would expect the same for my dog if they wanderer.

Just two this year.

Latest posts