Did anybody else see this?

Help Support CattleToday:

swampbillies

Reaction score
This was on our local news here in Tampa. Must have been a slow news day.

Villa Vieja, Colombia -- A calf in Colombia has a few extra legs. The calf was born with six legs, to be exact.

The owner says animal deformities are not unusual. He believes the calf's abnormalities happened because of a lack of calcium.

The rancher has not decided what he will do with the newborn animal.

07114214658_calf.jpg

why would an animal have extra bones due to a lack of calcium sounds like it is genetic or a mutation that occurs while the fetus is very young

Looks to me like that ''newborn'' has horns already so he must be a little slow in making up his mind :p

cattleluvr18":2os95and said:
yeah i seen that too!! they said he might sell it to the circus....how sad :cry: and that makes me mad too :mad:

Gotta remember where this calf is...as sorry as that excuse is.

Alice

Now children, better eat your calcium or you will be sold to a circus in Mexico.

Or how about. Theres cows in Mexico that would give a hind leg for the calcium you got.

With that said, Im not buying the lack of calcium thing at all. I think the said farmer needs to take a few more science classes. I dont see how a lack of calcium would cause additional bones which require clacium to grow. Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts