Devon Semen

Help Support CattleToday:

HC TN Angus

Reaction score
I have emailed Cross Creek and 4 Seasons about purchasing semen and not heard back. Does anyone know of other registered devon breeders that sell semen? I know Lakota is probably the most well known breeder but the bulls they show on their website don't suit my eye.

HC TN Angus said:
I have emailed Cross Creek and 4 Seasons about purchasing semen and not heard back. Does anyone know of other registered devon breeders that sell semen? I know Lakota is probably the most well known breeder but the bulls they show on their website don't suit my eye.

Have you looked at Leachman's cattle?

Are you talking Devon (Ruby Reds, Red Devons, sometimes called North Devon to differentiate them from SDs) or South Devon?
They're very different creatures.
Probably more of the Devons in the Northeast... they're very desirable among the working steer/oxen folks.
I know a fellow over in VA who's grazing Devons. If that's what you're looking for, I can contact him and see if he knows of a semen source.

Lucky_P said:
Are you talking Devon (Ruby Reds, Red Devons, sometimes called North Devon to differentiate them from SDs) or South Devon?
Probably more of the Devons in the Northeast... they're very desirable among the working steer/oxen folks.
I know a fellow over in VA who's grazing Devons. If that's what you're looking for, I can contact him and see if he knows of a semen source.
I'm looking for Red/North Devon.

HC TN Angus said:
Lucky_P said:
I'm looking for Red/North Devon.
Anything would be appreciated. I'm wanting to try them with my angus.

Latest posts