Destroying property

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Didn't happen to me, but happened locally. Some idiot, just blatantly tears up several dollars worth of farm equipment. I would never steal, but I can understand the concept. You steal something, and use it. Maybe you steal something and sell it. You then take the money, and buy something you can use. Wrong in both instances, but atleast I see the logic. I just can't understand tearing something up. Nobody wins, it's just pure ignorance.

im sure I've had something vandalized in my life, but nothing comes to mind. Takes a special kind of turd to just tear something up. Punishment should be making a pile of all their personal possessions, and making them set them on fire.

I like your way of thinking Bigfoot. They get away with just being told bad boy, burning their own possessions would be a good idea. The only problem is you would have to make sure they really owned them as more likely they pilfered them.

Ken

I can't understand why anybody would want to vandalize property, other than just meanness. At the very least the one or ones that committed the act should be made to reimburse for full/new cost of damaged equipment.

Ky hills":2ygvj91n said:
I can't understand why anybody would want to vandalize property, other than just meanness. At the very least the one or ones that committed the act should be made to reimburse for full/new cost of damaged equipment.

Absolutely agree, but it's hard to get blood out of a turnip.

True Grit Farms":2ygvj91n said:
They need to get caned, or bull wiped.

Foolproof plan but people are too "soft" to allow it bc it's "cruel and unusual punishment" He!! I say it's cruel and unusual to steal and vandalize. But I'm all for beating them TG.

Well we've seen how telling them your a bad boy and time out works. I guess they'll just get a slap on the wrist and get right back to being a POS.

Try having the lumber and hardware business that had been in your family for 60 years burned to the ground by an arsonist. That happened to my father in law in 1990 and he never got over it until the day he died in 2013.

The crazy irony is that the suspected arsonist died the day before he did even though he was 30 years younger. A drug fueled life will take a toll.

Ky hills":1y4sqjge said:
I can't understand why anybody would want to vandalize property, other than just meanness.

I think a lot of people do things out of spite and jealousy. Their life sucks so bad, and the grass is always greener. That and people just plan outright suck.

JMJ Farms":2i16h3ss said:
Ky hills":2i16h3ss said:

Absolutely agree, but it's hard to get blood out of a turnip.

True Grit Farms":2i16h3ss said:
They need to get caned, or bull wiped.

Foolproof plan but people are too "soft" to allow it bc it's "cruel and unusual punishment" He!! I say it's cruel and unusual to steal and vandalize. But I'm all for beating them TG.

Very true JMJ Farms. It would never happen but some money should be withheld from their paychecks, or whatever source of income.

I don't know why vandalism upsets me so. I guess it just seems so wasteful.

Bigfoot":wpdlvn6g said:
I don't know why vandalism upsets me so. I guess it just seems so wasteful.

I agree it is just purely wasteful and senseless. Usually it seems that it is youngins that vandalize, but a few years ago I remember somebody up in their twenties being arrested for it. I remember thinking at the time, they were old enough to know better, and should have been working instead.

Hard to say why someone vandalizes, there could be another part of the story that you don't know, or it could just be random stupidity.

I'll tell a little story that I heard about, there was a fella who had taken his brother and 10 year old nephew deer hunting, it was the 10 year olds first hunt and he shot a real nice 8 pointer. The deer ran about 150 yards and piled up in the neighbors hay field. The three of them loaded up in the truck and drove to the neighbors house to gain permission to retrieve the deer. The neighbor was rude as h*ll and refused to let them on his property, they explained to him that it was the young mans first deer, he said he didn't give a sheit who's it was, it was his now. Would you believe that somehow that mans hay barn caught on fire the next night and burnt to the ground, with his new JD tractor and all his bailing equipment in it. Sometimes "lightning" knows exactly where to strike.

Bigfoot frequently drifts into the Drama King mode or maybe he likes playing the role of a Kentucky Good Ole Boy, nevertheless, in regard to willful, careless destruction of property, I am on the "kill them all, let God sort them out bandwagon". How about tying them feet up and sticking syringes picked up in a vacant Washington DC apartment in their bodies?

Ol' 243":2zogkadj said:
Hard to say why someone vandalizes, there could be another part of the story that you don't know, or it could just be random stupidity.

I'll tell a little story that I heard about, there was a fella who had taken his brother and 10 year old nephew deer hunting, it was the 10 year olds first hunt and he shot a real nice 8 pointer. The deer ran about 150 yards and piled up in the neighbors hay field. The three of them loaded up in the truck and drove to the neighbors house to gain permission to retrieve the deer. The neighbor was rude as h*ll and refused to let them on his property, they explained to him that it was the young mans first deer, he said he didn't give a sheit who's it was, it was his now. Would you believe that somehow that mans hay barn caught on fire the next night and burnt to the ground, with his new JD tractor and all his bailing equipment in it. Sometimes "lightning" knows exactly where to strike.
And the guy got full value from insurance?

I really think if you vandalize something they should vandalize your hands by placing hot coals in them while glowing red. I truly hate when we leave our machinery out near roads and such I worry about it all night that some idiot will put sugar in the tanks or shoot the tires or windows out etc.

Nesikep":3c8o2osw said:
Ol' 243":3c8o2osw said:

And the guy got full value from insurance?

Nope, from what I understand his insurance has lapsed and he got nothing.

skyhightree1":1m32xekn said:
I really think if you vandalize something they should vandalize your hands by placing hot coals in them while glowing red. I truly hate when we leave our machinery out near roads and such I worry about it all night that some idiot will put sugar in the tanks or shoot the tires or windows out etc.

I worry about this too sky. I have everything insured but it sure gets expensive.

Latest posts