Desperate times

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
While in my favorite store to buy lottery tickets from and a case of adult beverage I was behind a man that was visually annoyed. The line was moving very slowly as some older folks were buying their daily $60-100 worth of lottery tickets. The mans patience were testing while waiting so he steps aside and politely says excuse me to next person in line who is waiting for their tickets and speaks to the man behind the counter and says " Look man.. This has got to be the driest town ever... Can you please tell me where I can buy some weed ? " The store clerk stunned and looks at the man with a pause and then goes I am not sure what state it is but its on the west coast and if you leave now and drive straight through you should be there by Saturday morning and can buy all you want. I just sat there like WTF did he really just ask that... The people left in the store including myself were like did that really just happen???? I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. Really wasn't anything of value to this story other than everyday people surprise me with stupidity.

What's so stupid about it? Maybe he was serious, maybe he was just being a wise guy in response to how slow the line was moving, but what is the big difference between beer and weed really, other than some words that a government has written down that say one is OK, one is not?

I once worked overnights in a customer service position dealing with people with high stress situations. There was a noticeable difference between the pot smokers and the drinkers. The pot smokers were more often than not calm and easier to deal with. The drinkers, beligerent, hot headed and unreasonable.

I hope that it becomes legal nationally within my lifetime. With all of the crazy things that are now being made legal which don't benefit society in the least, pot is the least of our worries.

I don't smoke the stuff, but I have to agree with Luca. I would rather deal with a pot head any day than a drunk!! Plus this country has wayyyyyy worse problems than pot. :nod:

Naww, the driest town is Shamrock, Texas. Got snowed in there one time, no beer in the whole county and nothing on TV but John Wayne movies.

ga.prime":342pgti7 said:
Naww, the driest town is Shamrock, Texas. Got snowed in there one time, no beer in the whole county and nothing on TV but John Wayne movies.
At least you had John Wayne..

branguscowgirl":1bmzha38 said:
I don't smoke the stuff, but I have to agree with Luca. I would rather deal with a pot head any day than a drunk!! Plus this country has wayyyyyy worse problems than pot. :nod:

Bulls eye, I can't deal with a drunk. I can't see why folks need liquor or dope to have fun and live.

ga.prime":1vu3l3p3 said:
The whole dam state of Arkansas on Sunday unless it's changed.

TexasBred":3j8psmtm said:
ga.prime":3j8psmtm said:
Some places every day. Ain't right..

Deepsouth":61vvdnl6 said:
ga.prime":61vvdnl6 said:

Sounds like my kind of place. Do they have Blue Bonnets around there?

No, they don't get enough rain to waste on flowers.

Well the clerk was right on, go to the west coast for your "weed" needs, just became officially legal to sell in Oregon yesterday, 7/1/15..... Only my county wouldn't allow it :cry2: Wait that means MORE BEER !!!!

Sky, Ive seen a grown man so desperate for a hit, a dog had ate his stash, and he took what he could get straight out of the dog's vomit.

Watching that, you don't walk away the same.

Commercialfarmer":2eg0yvf7 said:
Deepsouth":2eg0yvf7 said:
ga.prime":2eg0yvf7 said:

Sounds like my kind of place. Do they have Blue Bonnets around there?

No, they don't get enough rain to waste on flowers.

I dont remember seeing anything there but heat and the driest air I had ever tried to breath

I figure he had heard you were known as skyhigh. Thought if he said something were you could hear. You'd fix him up. ;-)

HDRider":g142jwgs said:
TexasBred":g142jwgs said:
ga.prime":g142jwgs said:
Some places every day. Ain't right..

HD many years ago spent the night in Ft. Smith...went to conveniences store and it had a whole wall of cool ones.....but a chain run through all the handles and you couldn't get to it because it was Sunday....at least the clerk was nice enough to tell me to go down about 6 blocks and turn west and cross the river to Oklahoma...There was the biggest dam liquor store I think I have ever seen. Must have had a hundred cars parked there and 99% of them had Arkansas plates. :lol2:

Luca Brasi":jnzaq6if said:
What's so stupid about it? Maybe he was serious, maybe he was just being a wise guy in response to how slow the line was moving, but what is the big difference between beer and weed really, other than some words that a government has written down that say one is OK, one is not?

I once worked overnights in a customer service position dealing with people with high stress situations. There was a noticeable difference between the pot smokers and the drinkers. The pot smokers were more often than not calm and easier to deal with. The drinkers, beligerent, hot headed and unreasonable.

I hope that it becomes legal nationally within my lifetime. With all of the crazy things that are now being made legal which don't benefit society in the least, pot is the least of our worries.

right on. let's also make meth, coke, heroin, lying under oath, snorting battery acid, person to person sales of firearms, and marrying a goat legal too. basically, anything anybody in california or new york city thinks is OK, should be legal in every state in the south, because those backwoods hayseeds are obviously stupid, and don't know what's good. and if they disagree, we'll call them bigots and racists and hillbillies on facebook. i mean, what if i want to do those things in California, but want to move to another state to escape what California has become? i have rights you know.

rules? we don't need no stinking rules. after all, i know a guy who uses heroin who is much calmer and easier to deal with than this other guy i know that drinks a lot. it's no big deal, we should just make everything legal. we have much bigger problems, like feeding the hungry, paying for everybodies healthcare and retirement, and how the koch brothers and george bush are ruining this country.

Luca Brasi":1wl69jga said:
After you told the dope smokers your name was Luca Brasi they got all nervous and paranoid. :lol2:

SJB":373n9b96 said:
Luca Brasi":373n9b96 said:

right on. let's also make meth, coke, heroin, lying under oath, snorting battery acid, person to person sales of firearms, and marrying a goat legal too. basically, anything anybody in california or new york city thinks is OK, should be legal in every state in the south, because those backwoods hayseeds are obviously stupid, and don't know what's good. and if they disagree, we'll call them bigots and racists and hillbillies on facebook. i mean, what if i want to do those things in California, but want to move to another state to escape what California has become? i have rights you know.

rules? we don't need no stinking rules. after all, i know a guy who uses heroin who is much calmer and easier to deal with than this other guy i know that drinks a lot. it's no big deal, we should just make everything legal. we have much bigger problems, like feeding the hungry, paying for everybodies healthcare and retirement, and how the koch brothers and george bush are ruining this country.
What has person to person sale of firearms got to do with the rest of the things you list. It is legal and I hope stays that way.

Latest posts