Delivery by appointment only

Help Support CattleToday:

SBMF 2015

Reaction score
I scheduled a load of fat cattle with my Tyson buyer this morning. They go Sept 27th. Then a new question: What time will you be bringing them? My response was; I guess when you tell me I can. He said any time between 3-10pm.But you only get a 1hr window, so he had to know.
It's new policy, he didn't say who's. He said the plant had 17 semi loads of cattle show up in 15 minutes and soon after this new policy was created.
If I had to guess it's a BQA issue. We can't have the cattle stand in line that long.
I go there quite a bit, and have never seen more than 8 trucks there at a time. Usually 1 or 2 are empty waiting on the truck they ran with to unload.
At the rate they are going it won't be long before we can't haul cattle in there anymore. They'll have to come get them.

I would think they would give a little more than a one hour window. Especially if you came from a ways away. I guess you allow a little extra time and stop at the closest truck stop. Drink coffee and watch the clock.

bird dog said:
did he lock in a price for your cows?

$1.04/lb live. 2% shrink. It's for a small feedlot operation that I consult for. The last load weighed just a touch under 1,400lbs.
The buyer told me that between 8pm last night and 10:30 this morning he had bought 3,200hd.

Latest posts