Deer Hunters edge

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I know yall may think im crazy but a buddy of mine bought this 2 years ago and he will look at it and tell me what the forecastor says and when the deer will move and be most active. We hunt together and by golly every time the forecastor tells you deer will be most active they are and when they say there not they aren't. We use that for bow hunting and blk powder hunting. Do any of yall have this or seen it before?

http://www.modernoutpost.com/gear/detai ... s_edge.php

Game cameras, food plots, seed bombs, feeders, electronic gadgets.
Some Indian you turned out to be........ :shock: :shock:

greybeard":1g6ofita said:
Game cameras, food plots, seed bombs, feeders, electronic gadgets.
Some Indian you turned out to be........ :shock: :shock:

:lol2: Excellent point... My grandpa would be like what happened to you boy you were not taught that way... I need to turn in my tribal card.

I've got a chart somewhere produced by the guys at Kleberg wildlife mngt center in South Texas that they developed from years of counting deer at night that uses the moon phases to predict deer movement. You can probably find it online. I found it to be useful. I'm not sure big bucks subscribe to it consistently however. :).

I have a little Garmin hand held GPS that tells me the major and minor feeding times. A whitetail deer around these parts don't have a watch, they use the sun. Solunar tables might work on a game farm, but in the wild you will see the most deer at dusk. And the morning hunt will always be longer, especially during the rut. I feel a whitetail has the ability to reason, and that is what makes them so challenging to hunt. There's no doubt the older they get the smarter they get.

King the moon chart I use to have and that works great as well. I have found that during full moon nights its best to start hunting at around 11am .Yea, They definately don't get big by being stupid. I also think the environment they are in dictates there movement as well.

I use the moon and it has proven very reliable from what I've observed. I do my best to hunt when everything is aligned just right during the rut. I call these days Golden Days because the woods are just alive with animals moving about.

I do not hunt any more, but my nearest neighbor does a lot. Told me a couple days ago, the deer move by the moon's position, and that position includes where the moon is on the other side (opposite side) of the world.

greybeard":21cfpy88 said:
I do not hunt any more, but my nearest neighbor does a lot. Told me a couple days ago, the deer move by the moon's position, and that position includes where the moon is on the other side (opposite side) of the world.

I agree with him completely. I've sat in stands from daylight to dark marking their movement in relation to the moon and there is a lot to it. I want say its the only thing that effects them but I will say its a major thing. There are a few other things to watch to and when all of these come together you have those Golden Days and those days are just amazing to witness.

For us in middle GA this is the week to hunt. The weather is to warm but the rut is wide open. Seen 3 bucks and 9 doe so far this afternoon. Seen 9 bucks this morning and only 8 doe.

Major times will correlate with the moon directly with overhead or underfoot. Minor time will be moon rise or moon set. Another time I look for is sunrise and moon set at the same time or moon rise and sunset same time.

Latest posts