Deep Thinking

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
Did you ever stop to think , what the world would be like if you never existed, your kids would never have been, where your wife or wives would be, all the business contacts you have had, it would almost be a never ending list.

I guess it would be just like it was the day before I was born. I don't see myself as being a world changer for good or bad.

TexasBred":nentcbii said:
I guess it would be just like it was the day before I was born. I don't see myself as being a world changer for good or bad.
That's where you are wrong. Just depends on the size of the world. Of course some of us are here just to set examples for others. Some of us, TERRIBLE examples.

My thought was how it would have afffected yours parents from there on up , and even how your off spring touches others, not being a world changer yourself, what if you had killed someone accidently how many lives that affects.

I wonder all the time about the young men and women that gave their lives for our countries freedom. What kind of impact they would have had in their lifetime. Perhaps someone died in Korea that could have cured cancer. Perhaps some died in WW 11 that could have fathered a future president. It makes the sacrifice they made extend far past our personal freedom to me.

I guess it comes down to whether or not you believe that it's Gods plan or something else. I have thought some of the same thoughts .

On the other side of the coin, could you imagine how many people would be on earth if some of these terrible wars, natural disasters and famines had not occured through history? With he year ending there are a lot of non-profit help organizations seeking our tax free donations to feed the children or save an animal. With the exception of the World Wildlife Fund and the HSUS for which we all know are a complete scam, do you ever wonder if your donation to feed a child where it can grow to breeding age is helping or actually aggrevating a much larger problem?

Jogeephus I think I'll stick to the other side of that coin. It makes me think of all the unborn children who have been killed in the name of women's right to choose. Only God knows what kind of damage we have done to our society and nation through the missed blessing that God had planned for us thourgh their lives just like what Bigfoot was saying. Every life is created by God and that makes life precious. I will admit that many do not follow Gods plan for their life and they make a mess out of themselves but that was not Gods intention or His fault.

cowboy43":38lsjyg0 said:
My thought was how it would have afffected yours parents from there on up , and even how your off spring touches others, not being a world changer yourself, what if you had killed someone accidently how many lives that affects.
A bit hard to figure the positive or negative affects of something that never happened.

Bigfoot":f2nxtg71 said:
I wonder all the time about the young men and women that gave their lives for our countries freedom. What kind of impact they would have had in their lifetime. Perhaps someone died in Korea that could have cured cancer. Perhaps some died in WW 11 that could have fathered a future president. It makes the sacrifice they made extend far past our personal freedom to me.
Those who gave their lives were some of our strongest and most brave. It is a shame they were removed from the gene pool.

I think about it alot. It adds fuel to my fire. I want to build a life that will be bigger than me and carry on to future generations. My dad saw things that way and started from scratch and has built up to where I might have a modest inheritance and I've built my self into someone that can leave my kids a good start in farming. If I spent my time thinking about my selfish wants I'd go have a bunch of fun but when I start thinking about what I can offer future generations it makes working alot more tolerable.

cow pollinater":3bsovpxg said:
I think about it alot. It adds fuel to my fire. I want to build a life that will be bigger than me and carry on to future generations. My dad saw things that way and started from scratch and has built up to where I might have a modest inheritance and I've built my self into someone that can leave my kids a good start in farming. If I spent my time thinking about my selfish wants I'd go have a bunch of fun but when I start thinking about what I can offer future generations it makes working alot more tolerable.

Very true!

Or, you can keep it simple. What would this board be like without Dun, CB, Jed, Joe, 3way, Jeanne, Alison ect...
Or even the instigators, Arkansas, Massey (xbar), Jamal, AC :lol:

Isomade":15jf3486 said:
Or, you can keep it simple. What would this board be like without Dun, CB, Jed, Joe, 3way, Jeanne, Alison ect...
Inbredredneck is back as "whatsgmo" :nod:

cow pollinater":3fr0efha said:
Isomade":3fr0efha said:
Inbredredneck is back as "whatsgmo" :nod:
Yougottabeshitingme

Bigfoot":1vtfkylj said:

The impact they did in fact have is far past significant. Had they not done what they did, you might be correct, except for the fact that what they might have sired would be known as a future fuhrer or emperor, and you and I would be speaking German or Japanese today, (assuming neither of us had no Jewish ancestry) and of course, the greatest economic growth period of this nation's history would not have taken place. I'll gladly accept the risk of coming down with incurable cancer and the chance that we will have poor choices politically in leiu of giving up the freedom that was bought and paid for in blood by The Greatest Generation.

Jogeephus":1r3jg234 said:
On the other side of the coin, could you imagine how many people would be on earth if some of these terrible wars, natural disasters and famines had not occured through history? With he year ending there are a lot of non-profit help organizations seeking our tax free donations to feed the children or save an animal. With the exception of the World Wildlife Fund and the HSUS for which we all know are a complete scam, do you ever wonder if your donation to feed a child where it can grow to breeding age is helping or actually aggrevating a much larger problem?
For years I have thought about this.
I don't want to offend anyone's particular religious beliefs, but it is pretty well established that when education levels rise then birth rates go down.
For this reason I think charities that both feed and educate are the best way to go. But sometimes that is not possible. So I think the immediate thing is to try to end as much human suffering as possible now.

Latest posts