Deadliest Catch

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Just heard that Capt. Phill Harris died from complications of a stroke he had last month.
This is a comment that someone posted:
Is it just me, but it seems as if Discovery Networks has a curse on its stars. First it was Steve Irwin, then Billy Mays, now Phil Harris. If Discovery offers you a show, run away quickly. I hope Mike Rowe and the entire MythBusters cast are okay.

dun":2f0u1q3v said:
Just heard that Capt. Phill Harris died from complications of a stroke he had last month.
Is it just me, but it seems as if Discovery Networks has a curse on its stars. First it was Steve Irwin, then Billy Mays, now Phil Harris. If Discovery offers you a show, run away quickly. I hope Mike Rowe and the entire MythBusters cast are okay.

That's a shame. I don't think you can blame the Discovery Networks. That's a stressful way to make a living, plus he smoked like a firestack.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/163162 ... tory.jhtml

My wife told me about it last night, sorry to here it. They're catching Opies (sp) right now, wonder how it will come out on the show. As was said, he never seemed to be without a cig, drank coffee like there was no tomorrow, and I remember one show when Josh made him a sausage and egg sandwich it must have been 3 inches thick, not the best of life styles... yet sorry to see him go.

I really hated Steve Erwin passing, lots of respect for that guy. Mays was a coke head.JMO.

Alan

He was my favorite Captain of them all, he was so down to earth, lifes struggles were met with wit and humor. Some of his kids antics, were met with a tantrum by him, but I really liked him. The last season we watched, his boat had motor problems, when the mechanic said it was gonna cost $100,000 to repair, he put 3 cigarettes in his mouth and lit them all! One thing you can say about him, is that he provided entertainment and lived like he wanted too.

GMN

dun":2mzd0f1a said:

hmmm...wonder if Discovery Channel has considered running a program about Congress??

I don't believe in curses. You have to believe in them for them to work. Lots of people I'd like to curse(at)
Sorry to hear about the Cap..Never watched the show.

peg4x4":11kshwtu said:
I don't believe in curses. You have to believe in them for them to work. Lots of people I'd like to curse(at)
Sorry to hear about the Cap..Never watched the show.

You should watch them from season 1-5-great show.

GMN

My wife told me about it last night. She's addicted to that show. I watched it at first, but after awhile it got old. Sorry to hear about Capt. Phil. I'd say he was my favorite when I did watch.

GMN":2g69xb45 said:
He was my favorite Captain of them all, he was so down to earth, lifes struggles were met with wit and humor. Some of his kids antics, were met with a tantrum by him, but I really liked him. The last season we watched, his boat had motor problems, when the mechanic said it was gonna cost $100,000 to repair, he put 3 cigarettes in his mouth and lit them all! One thing you can say about him, is that he provided entertainment and lived like he wanted too.

GMN

He was my favorite too. It was fun to watch him discipline and scold his boys when they got too cocky. Very down-to-earth. I hope the boys stay on the show. :cowboy:

That show has been; must see TV in the abyss.

I have to admit I have thought about so many people getting to know, and feeling attachment to the people on that show. What if a disaster struck one of your favorites? :( @

AudieWyoming":3ftbdjm2 said:
That show has been; must see TV in the abyss.

I have to admit I have thought about so many people getting to know, and feeling attachment to the people on that show. What if a disaster struck one of your favorites? :( @
I think the difference between that show, myth busters and dirty jobs and the other shows is that the people from those three are portraying themselves and not some make believe hollywood character.
When someone you've invited into your hone weekly for a number of years die I find it sad. When someone from one of the situation type shows dies I don;t really think about it unless it's an actor that youve seen for many years playing many characters. When Jerry Orbach died (Lenny Briscoe - Law and Order) died it was sad but I;ve see him on shows for may years. Phil Harris was someone we invited into our home weekly, some of those other captains we tolerated coming into our homes. If one of them died I wouldn;t think a thing about it.

i heard about capt phil as well.an its a very sad day for the crabb industry.he had bloodclots for the last year that could kill him.an i figured a blood clot was what killed him.

Latest posts