Daylight Savings Time

Help Support CattleToday:

Gives me 1 more hour of daylight in the evening that a need very badly. Cant wait

I prefer daylight in the morning. I just wish they would pick one and leave it alone.

Somebody once compared daylight time to cutting the lower six inches off the bottom of your sheet and sewing it to the top. Really doesn't make a hill of beans to me as the sun will still come up when it does and it will go down when it wants to. I just hate having to set all the clocks forward.

John250-
Why do you say the devil created DST?

I wish we would pick one and stick with it!

i prefer the daylight at the end. rather have it darker in the mornings since i have school and stuff. so it gives me more time to get my stuff done in the evening.

Sugarman":113bu871 said:
John250-
Why do you say the devil created DST?

I wish we would pick one and stick with it!

Sugarman,
I am on the western edge of the eastern time zone, and that is a big influence on my opinion.
Indiana ignored DST for most of my life, until an idiot governor and our captains of industry decided it had to be changed. Life was good on slow time. Life is crazy on fast time.
Noon (midday, the high point of the sun) comes about 3 pm. People rise in the dark in the summer, which just ain't right. The daylight lasts until 10:30 pm at its worst.
As a farmer, I can ignore all this and just work the way I always have. But when I have to interact with the rest of the world for meetings and banking hours and such, it is a real pain in the butt.
I make hay, and on DST there isn't much need to get out of bed until 10 am or so. Then, I am up until midnight baling.
Mostly, I'm just grumpy about having it crammed down my throat. The only folks who benefit around here are golf courses.
DST does not save energy. It sends kids to the bus stop in the dark. It screws up my schedules. It drives me nuts (ok, so it isn't a long drive).
My best solution so far is to ignore the clocks, and work when I am awake and sleep when I am sleepy.
DST is just a huge disruption for no benefit.

john250":4kgryr3f said:
angie":4kgryr3f said:
Means I'll be working 11 hours and getting paid for 12.
How cool is that?

You're just getting back the hour you lost last fall. And you had to wait 4 months for the money.
Wow John...talk about raining on someones parade. :cry:

angie":glj3mkll said:
john250":glj3mkll said:
angie":glj3mkll said:
Means I'll be working 11 hours and getting paid for 12.
How cool is that?

You're just getting back the hour you lost last fall. And you had to wait 4 months for the money.
Wow John...talk about raining on someones parade. :cry:

Sorry Angie. DST just makes me grumpy.

Since i'm retired and raising cattle it don't mater to me one way or the other.But I can see where it would if you had to feed before you went to work.Of course it might help you take a good look at your cattle when you got home. Guess it boils down to if you work at a regular job or not.

Cal

Latest posts